Honda CB750 Sandcast

Types of early tanks.

fasturd

• View Profile
I have been immersed in wrinkle tankness recently...lol.
Can anyone verify for me if there are variations and or types of "wrinkle" tanks.
The one I have has the obvious wrinkle that can be seen through the filler neck. When looking at its belly the wrinkles are along the saddle area.
I noticed on another "wrinkle" tank some wrinkles along the sides of the saddle area. Is this an earlier tank?
Later ones having smooth sides in the saddle area but wrinkle on the top and the latest tanks having no wrinkles at all? (Like a K1-K6)
Maybe its just a little arbitrary, or maybe it denotes the earliest of the early but I haven't found any description of types of wrinkle(s).
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Bill

fasturd

• View Profile
Oh, duh...lol thanks for the link. BUT. I have another wrench to throw into the fire...
I have a picture of my tank that looks like the later tank in the reference picture. I also have a picture of a tank with all the wrinkles of the No-dimple tank but it has all FOUR dimples, not zero not two but four. Would the site like the picture? The tank recently sold and it is obviously kind of neat seeing as it went for so much.
Anyway if some one would like the pictures for future refrence let me know.
Thanks again all.