Honda CB750 Sandcast

Front sprocket removal-Questions

apexhntr

• View Profile
Most other Honda bikes have the grooved tab over the sprocket. If you remove the two 10mm nuts and it all comes apart.

My CB750 has (original) the shaft with a second nut and a screw in the center-presumably to align the sprocket?

Any recommendations as to whether I need to do anything with the center screw and if the outer nut is threaded normally or left hand thread?

Lastly the original sprocket looks to be 16T and the one I got from CMS is 18T-will the 18T work and is it preferred or not.

Thanks!!!

Bickle

I think that you are talking about the auto-oiler screw in the center. Not sure if this would be on an original sandcast or not. (I think not)
Others may know more......normal thread direction tho'

Steve

apexhntr

• View Profile
Thanks Steve,

The bike is a K0 but not a sand cast prod date 6/70. So I just spin off the outer nut-counterclockwise-cool.

Any suggestions on the replacement sprocket 16T vs18T?

Bob

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It all depends on your application as to sprocket choice. Snappy acceleration with the lower teeth and high top end with the higher teeth count assuming the rear sprocket remains unchanged. Andy Morris would be the man to ask as he's had his fair share of SOHC750s
On thing I would do is check to see if the sprocket will fit as later sprockets are thicker and may not fit your shaft. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

cb7504

• View Profile
The center screw is on the cb750k0 starting with engine serial number CB750E-1026144. The center screw is for oil adjustment to lubricate the drive chain. Marty

apexhntr

• View Profile
Oil adjustment screw it is then, the engine serial number is CB750E-1040742. Will check the sprocket thickness too.

Are most folks switching to O-ring chains? The upside is less maintenance and rim cleaning but it won't look original.