Honda CB750 Sandcast

License Plate Restoration Link

Joe K · 6 · 2094

Joe K

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share with you a web-site to a guy who does license plate restoration. http://tagdr.com Check out his work. I am going to send my old California plate to him. Maybe we should add it to the link page on the site.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Joe K

• View Profile
Because the bikes we have are old and many times the old plates they come with need to be restored too.

gtprend

• View Profile
I have a like new condition blue and yellow CA plate for my 70 K0, which was removed from my bike back in 96 (replaced with a new plate, clueless previous owner....). When I registered the bike earlier this year, the DMV wouldn't let me put the old plate back on. Wouldn't even give me a good explation why either. Our government servants at work....... Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing in CA? I'd love to get this excellent condition old plate back on the bike.

Joe K

• View Profile
I recommend talking to a DMV supervisor and do it in a nice manner. You know how they are with their power trips. Explain to them the situation and maybe they can change it back. Good luck.

denizen224

• View Profile
From the stories I've heard on other vintage car/bike forums on CA plate problems like this, your best bet is to look for an old registration card showing that tag being previously registered to that bike. Hopefully you've got one squirrelled away somewhere with the paperwork for the bike. They'll want proof positive that the tag and plate were originally mated together. No tickie, no washie.