• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ambitious, price wise!

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

UK Pete

• View Profile
Yes i agree, however its great news for people that own sandcasts as it pushes up the prices,
pete

kmb69

• View Profile
Cough....cough....

I would probably sell all of mine if they were bringing that kind of money.  ;D ;D ;D

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
He's certainly on something. Notice the thin lip cover. Not a bad thing from the photographs but seems to me that the paint looks wrong, pipes are HM300, kill switch, brake hoses on this VIN are incorrect (should have mine :o) ) brake lever, kickstand, indicator lenses, tach and speedo cables, instrument drives, front brake calliper and maybe other stuff. I don't mean to be picky but if you are going to ask Vic World prices than one needs to have the bike as accurate as possible This is at best a US$20k bike IMHO. I better shut up now
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
Price of madness naturally..
Except for some errors of details... I find this restoration of a high level, we see that the work is very clean.. It is Cartesian!! She has something more than the others very good restorations do not have..
Very very beautiful machine even if the color is not good!!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:12:19 am by 4pots1969 »

UK Pete

• View Profile
He's certainly on something. Notice the thin lip cover. Not a bad thing from the photographs but seems to me that the paint looks wrong, pipes are HM300, kill switch, brake hoses on this VIN are incorrect (should have mine :o) ) brake lever, kickstand, indicator lenses, tach and speedo cables, instrument drives, front brake calliper and maybe other stuff. I don't mean to be picky but if you are going to ask Vic World prices than one needs to have the bike as accurate as possible This is at best a US$20k bike IMHO. I better shut up now

Well spotted KP, however it appears that vic world has many incorrect parts on some of his machines as well, but still gets a handsome sum for his bikes, bottom line is it will be very surprising if this bike fetches his asking price, he will probably do a deal with px or something
pete

luisgallur

• View Profile
Ducati 750 GT's from 1972-1974 now fetch over $30k USD on a regular basis . Engine rebuilds are more expensive , parts no harder to find , no electric start except for a very very few , way less horsepower , dreadful electrics and numbers wise about as exclusive as a sandcast . I think it is about time that sandcasts assumed their rightful place in the collectable pecking order . The earliest Z1 Kawasaki's , the 1972 model up to frame number 2,000 odd had some significant differences to later bikes and have always commanded a premium over sandcasts , I have always thought that this anomaly would one day right itself

Luis

Frame no 673 Engine no   835
Frame no 957 Engine no 1203

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep. I'm aware of Vic World bikes. My comment acknowledges it is a good restoration but this bike being priced at US$60,000 It would have to be perfect for my money and it's not. This bike doesn't compare to a Vic World restoration and it will certainly be interesting to see if it sells at the price but I suspect we will never know that.
Yabba Dabba KP

ashimotok0

• View Profile
He 's notorious for overpriced bikes.

He bought this CD175A sloper recently off Ebay and immediately put it on sale again for £2k more!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-cd175-/151283843955?
o 968-Honda-CD175-Sloper-Classic-Vintage-Genuine-UK-Bike-With-Low-Milege-/131177986122?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1e8ad1384a]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-Honda-CD175-Sloper-Classic-Vintage-Genuine-UK-Bike-With-Low-Milege-/131177986122?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1e8ad1384a[/url]

Cheers ... AshD

The CD175A sloper he is selling, I was watching on ebay (fond memories of owning one in the early '70's). It sold for around £2.5K on eBay UK but the winner backed out of the sale. It was then re-sold again for around £2.5k (presumably to Frank) having done the rounds on eBay UK twice, so it's fair to say it achieved it's correct market value. So if you do the math(s)  Frank is selling it for around 2k more than it's market value .  So is the sandcast he's selling really worth more like £17k? $29k?

Quote from SteveD who runs SOHC.co.uk site and has been to Frank's shop:
"All of Frank's bikes are advertised at huge prices. I don't know whether he actually sells them or not.
He still has the NR750 which has come down from £105k to £65k in the last 3 years..."

The registration number is probably worth a bit though.

He certainly has some interesting bikes though.

Cheers .. AshD
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:57:10 am by ashimotok0 »

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Well, evidently it's sold, reserved for somebody.

Cheers .. AshD

CBman

• View Profile
For this money I would like to sit on original seat, and not on reproduction. On the other hand I appreciate there are original Dunlop tires, F6 on the front and K87 on the rear. How many Sandy“s or even K0 have you seen with original tires (exept VIC bikes) ?