Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast 4566 on eBay

DW69K0 · 15 · 2687

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CB-Original-Unmolested-1969-Honda-CB-750-Sandcast-/281388536829?forcerrptr=true&hash=item41841053fd&item=281388536829&pt=US_motorcycles

Claims to be unmolested Sandcast.
DW

casual glance, appears unmolested.  

there is a camp that says to disturb anything on this bike would be a sin.  another camp would say it's a perfect basis for total restoration.  if i had no sandcast and i wanted one to look like new, i'd be in the latter camp.  if bike is as unmolested as it appears to be, imho, should be left as is.  original only once.  too bad the candy tones were so prone to uv fade.  wonder if a paint restoration expert could bring some of the red back.

greggo325

• View Profile
Looks like a great candidate for a mechanical restoration...that patina shouldn't be touched!!

4pots1969

• View Profile
This is the way I like them!! :o :o :-* :-*
This SANDCAST is as a very beautiful woman.. and in more apparement is virgin of any devastation!! You should not leave her like that.. It is necessary to take care of it very seriously.. And especially well pamper her.. It is necessary to put back to him the most beautiful of dresses... I thus retain the option number two.. ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:09:14 am by 4pots1969 »

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
+1

Prceless patina.

Took 45 years to make it look like this.

Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
This SANDCAST is as a very beautiful woman.. and in more apparement is virgin of any devastation!! You should not leave her like that.. It is necessary to take care of it very seriously.. And especially well pamper her.. It is necessary to put back to him the most beautiful of dresses... I thus retain the option number two.. ;)

wow.  a bike like this is original only once.  and 45 years of original on top of it.  i can't believe anyone would support molesting it.  nasty sunfaded paint and all.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Gerard, this bike is like an elegant and wise older woman.  If she were restored, she would be like a painted lady of the night.

4pots1969

• View Profile
I find her beautiful but in even so very sad :'(
And I think that she is not made to stay in this state..
When we begin the works Steve??  ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:54:27 pm by 4pots1969 »

UK Pete

• View Profile
A true survivor, i would love to own this bike i bet it makes a fair bit of money , and i hope it goes to someone who shares our views
ete

DW69K0

• View Profile
So which Sancast will bring the highest price 6655 or 4566?
Let the guessing begin  ::)
DW

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

DW69K0

• View Profile
I agree, we'll see what the market brings.
The red Sandcast is much harder to come by and a much rarer find in it current condition.
DW

DW69K0

• View Profile
Sold at $20,000.00, did anyone here purchase this Sandcast?
DW

DW69K0

• View Profile
Oops, my bad, it DID NOT sell because the reserve was not met.
DW

CBman

• View Profile
Strange the seller put there a Buy it now price. I think it could sell for more than 20k. But at the end, this seller (repairman) had succesfull day. Hard to say, if he had luck to find this original example in someones garage, or this bike was put together from parts, that are seen in the backround of the bike.