Honda CB750 Sandcast

Early CB750 production Pics

tomcourtney

• View Profile
Here are some early factory photos that should put an argument or two to bed
1/ Finned oil filter cover factory installed on Left hand horn Frame.....
2/ Frame and engine marriage, The frame is lifted over engine tipped on its side.
3/ lifting balance point either side of the under tank frame gusset.
Check them out what can you see?

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:55:53 pm by tomcourtney »
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956

CBman

• View Profile
Tom: congratulation to this Ebay purchace, I forgot on it, so I missed it..... ??? I have these pictures in some japanese book, but not in so good quality.
Sadly we canīt see the brake house at master cylinder, so hard to say, if it is lower than 2800, or higher.
John

tomcourtney

• View Profile
Hi John, I Got the original pics out, these are on three pages that were cut from a Jap motorcycle mag from back in the day, it does show a larger pic than what you see and on the second bike on the production line and in two other pics I can clearly see the Brake hose at the master cylinder, it is the short pipe type without rubber boot, hope this answers your question,
in another pic the engine looks to not have a thin lip alt cover when did they finish? Regards Tom
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:24:45 am by tomcourtney »
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956

4pots1969

• View Profile
Tom,
Thank you for making us share these rare documents!!
I notice that carburetors were already on the engine before the placement in the frame..
Supprenant..???  But I think that it is a good procedure for the reassembly.
Gerard
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:26:57 am by 4pots1969 »