Honda CB750 Sandcast

Yet another noobie - hello from #2597

Xyputney

• View Profile
Howdy all:

Thanks to Wayne I have been allowed to become a member of this excellent site ;D.  Currently working on completing the #2597 and am pouring through all the member posts and pictures. Should have it done this winter and hope to be riding it much more in the spring.  I am also a member at CBX World, the CB1100F site and the SOHC site, so I believe I will be in good company.  Looking forward to having fun with all of you.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:20:01 am by Xyputney »
1983 CB1100F; 1982 CB1100RC; 1982 CBX and 1969 CB750

Xyputney

• View Profile
Steve and Pete - thanks for the replies:

Here are three more pictures and when I get the polishing and powdercoating complete and installed, I will be almost finished.  Have the proper transmission cover - I think - along with the proper handlebars.  I will continue to post pictures as I go along.  Now, all I need is a ducktail and a non-chopped front fender ::) - anybody have one for sale ;D.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:36:51 am by Xyputney »

UK Pete

• View Profile
Thats a great bit of polishing on the cases, really nice looking bike
which country are you in?
pete

Xyputney

• View Profile
UK Pete:

I live in the USA - southeast part of Kansas.

Thanks for the comment on the polished parts.  The powdercoater emailed me with a picture of the finished dynamo cover, so I will have the polished stuff installed this week.  Here is a picture of the dynamo cover.

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looking good! I don't mean to be a jerk, but I think your fork legs are K1 or later. Perhaps someone else can confirm.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Xyputney

• View Profile
Ujeni:

Thanks for the comment and you have good eyes.  Yes, the polished pieces are from a K model.  By way of background, the bike was involved in an accident in 1970 :'(.  The PO was not hurt, but the bike took a hit on its left side.  If you look carefully at the original pictures of the bike, you will see an original fork (or so I think) on the right side and a K model fork on the left side.  Apparently whomever fixed the bike opted for a later model fork leg. Same is true for the transmission cover - the old bike has a K transmission cover, but I have what I think is an original transmission cover and that one shows on the polished picture.  So, I need to find a left side fork leg that is correct for this bike - I am sure there a ton of them for sale ::).  Thanks for looking and I would love to hear any other comments/questions you or anyone on this site might have.  Picture attached.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:16:03 am by Xyputney »