Honda CB750 Sandcast

David Spares K0 Air Box and Filter

Joe K · 5 · 2242

Joe K

• View Profile
Hello,

I ordered a David Spares K0 air box and air filter. The filter seems to be too large for the air box. There is about a 1/4 inch gap. Does anyone know why that is?

Joe

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I assume when you built the box up (using the stays, etc from the old box) that the inner airbox plate sits correctly in the recess in the airbox upper half?
I put one of these box's on #302 a couple of year back, and must admit to having had to remove the sealing rubber from both sides of the air filter to get the airbox to close up fully. At the time I put it down to the fact I had used a pattern air filter that was just bigger than the original Honda one. Must look more closely when I get to put the re-painted box back on it.

Cheers - Chris R
Chris R.
302/338

brianhoover

• View Profile
Got mine maybe 5 or 6 years ago, painted it red as a spare when I painted the rest of the bike. I have a K&N filter in it and it fits perfectly fine. The bottom part of the upper housing needed a little flexing to fit properly. The ABS type plastic is much more flexible than the OEM fiberglass.

allandry

• View Profile
Hi,
I bought a aftermarket air filter and it is a bit larger(thicker) then the original air filter.It would not fit in the original air box.I had to cut some of the sealing foam from the top and bottom to make it fit.
I think maybe these pattern air filters are made for the later black boxes.
Chances are the pattern box is correct and probably the air filter is your problem as pointed out by Chris R.
Good luck, Allan

Joe K

• View Profile
Thanks to all for your thoughts. I agree with you all.

Joe