Honda CB750 Sandcast

Letter to Honda UK and vacuous reply.

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Recently, I wrote the letter attached to Honda UK. Posted it by snail mail and got no reply for several weeks  so tracked down a direct contact email after much hassle and emailed it. I got the reply below just before Christmas, described as "the most vacuous corporate flannel I have ever read." I am going to follow it up in the New Year.

Please don't shoot me down in flames if I am incorrect on anything in the letter ... I was only trying to do my best! for instance I can't be sure that the Vic bike in Honda's museum's 'ducktail' seat  is a repro one, it may well be a NOS one for all I know. Think I am correct that later replacement K1 seats had no security feature on the holding screws and the originals had  'bruised' over thread ends though  : see
 http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=143715.msg1634982#msg1634982

BTW I already have a Yamiya seat for my K0 .. it came off  eBayUK by a strange route from a Dutch company  ::) via Wales.  ??? There was a torn up label inside of it's packaging that was printed 'not for resale'. So I am really doing this for the benefit of others on here in Europe.

I  will keep you posted on any developments and a Happy New Year to you all  !

Ash
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:31:50 am by ashimotok0 »

patriotcommercial

• View Profile
Honda's attitude on this matter is ridiculous , not making any sense at all.  If you need anything let me know and I will help if I can.

There is a outfit called Mach IV motors in Wisconsin that has most of the Yamia Stuff here in the US.  If I buy the parts and sell to you it would be a secondary transfer between private individuals, so Honda would have no say in he matter.

There are many ways to bake a cake

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Honda's attitude on this matter is ridiculous , not making any sense at all.  If you need anything let me know and I will help if I can.

There is a outfit called Mach IV motors in Wisconsin that has most of the Yamia Stuff here in the US.  If I buy the parts and sell to you it would be a secondary transfer between private individuals, so Honda would have no say in he matter.

There are many ways to bake a cake

Thanks for that.. its a most kind offer. I am pretty much sorted out myself though,  as I managed to get a Yamiya seat off eBay UK. What I reckoned happened is that a well known parts supplier in Holland bought a batch of 6 K0 seats from Yamiya and then Honda leaned on them, preventing them from selling so they offloaded them onto the guy in Wales to sell via eBay. The packaging was marked C***L and was shipped to me from a warehouse in Holland ! not Wales !

As I say will keep you posted but I have the bit betwen my teeth now. A lot of people tell me I am wasting my time but hey ho Iv'e nothing to lose by trying!

Ash