Honda CB750 Sandcast

Value on a early diecast

markb

• View Profile
Good detective work.  In the thread are they saying the VIN is 4858?  ???
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:51:58 pm by markb »
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

sancastnorway

• View Profile
Hmmm.....
I just start to think that someone is trying to scam me on this bike. The photo's Mike listed is the same Picture I got from the seller. When I google'd the frame and engine number, I got this tread....

http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php?topic=660.25;wap2

There it is stated that the engine number is a sandcast, but it could not be the same on the photo.

I Guess I will not receive any phot of the frame,  engine number and title.... I always ask for this before I pay for a bike.

But back to the beginning, it looks like an interresting bike. Later Production bike With sandcast engine..

Jan

4pots1969

• View Profile

A Google search of that picture with the broken side panel says it was first used here.

http://www.caferacer.net/forum/general/9549-another-find-750-sandcast-1969-cb750-w-pics.html

That was back in 2009.

Mick..........kettle738

I saw more than 20 times those photos on the internet with the kid near the bike...
Everything looks has a big and bad joke!!  It is a pity...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 04:30:43 pm by 4pots1969 »

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile

kmb69

• View Profile
Wow Mick! Great find!
That engine has NO number?
Maybe a scam underway in Norway?

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
These photos were also used by a scammer in Brazil, always available for a very, very low price.

sancastnorway

• View Profile
No, it is not underway. The seller comes from UK, he says... I always ask for some documentation before I pay. This time I save my Money.

It is not a big problem, I have my sandcast number 2996, and a 1970 K0 and a P0 (Police) and a 69 CR750 that I try to build. Maybee that is enough...

It was the sancast case who got my attension on this.

Jan

4pots1969

• View Profile
Scam may not... But just the small Gopal having fun..
Anyway.. Who would take the risk of buying this Sandcast with a blindfold?? Certainly nobody!!

Erling

• View Profile
Hallo Jan. If you want to touch the real thing (a Sandcast) and happen to pas København some day (Capital of Danmark for foreigners) my 1676 has not been on the road since '78 because vital parts then were transferred into a Seeley frame which might interest you too as you are on to a CR750! I have been on a Fireblade for the past 20 years and though the Seeley handles well, it is still no match for the Blade. And I am nothing but the rider of a bike! 
     Erling.
P.S. Sorry I can't find the way to put in pictures here!
But if I just makes a mail a picture moves in, but then I have the problem of addressing it into this place in the forum!
P.P.S. My Sandcast do indeed look used, but it was not left outside like the one with kid. But parts are scattered all over the house!