Honda CB750 Sandcast

2009 AMA VMD Display - Thanks!

Guest · 11 · 4144

Bickle

Just wanted to say a word of thanks to all those that put this shindig together.

Finally getting to meet some members such as Steve Swan, Allan Landry, Mark, Marty, Andy Dixon, Chris Rushton, Tom Courtney, Kevin Dodge, Mark McGrew, Bo and all the others made this event more than memorable for me. All class acts!
For those that didn't attend, you missed some great examples of finely restored bikes.

The tent drew in a large number of people, more than any other that I was in.

I learned alot from fellow members, not to mention the invaluable seminar from Vic World.

Thanks for letting me put my "runner" alongside your pristine examples.
The hard work that you all put into this show was very evident and much appreciated by all.

Steve (other other)

Some pics.....

Mr. Swan

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thank you Steve Frampton for your post. AND FOR BEING WITH US !

Addendum to Steve F's fine note - as well as giving daily seminars, Vic World spent much of his time under the tent with us.

IT WAS TRULY GREAT TO ALL BE TOGETHER.

fang

• View Profile
    • Food Renegade
Wow. The bikes look beautiful. I bet you guys has a spectacular time.
-fang

apexhntr

• View Profile
Wow, AMA VMD was a really cool event.

Being our first Mid-Ohio trip and relatively new to the CB750- made for a fantastic opportunity. We learned about our CB750s. met lots of new friends and got to show off our bikes. Perhaps more than you could take in in just a couple days.

We were able to meet and learn from the experts. Bob Hanson, Bob Jameson and Vic World. All three.... friendly, approachable and nice people-thanks guys.

Judging from the many smiling Sandcast/K0 members under the big tent, I think Steve Swan is to be commended on his fine job!

The members brought beautiful examples of the Sandcast and K0 bikes. Nice folks every one! It was a pleasure to have been a part of The 40th anniversary CB 750-"THE KING OF MOTORCYCLES" (S. Honda)

Cheers,

Bob and Anna-my 9 y/o side kick!
Hickory, NC
CB750-1040520

tomcourtney

• View Profile
Hi everyone and WOW what a great weekend..
Lara and i really enjoyed ourselves, even though we were dead tired after the long drive over... Our trip has been special and one to remember,
A Big thanks to Steve and all the movers and shakers that made this event happen, Well done guys and a big pat on the back...
THANKYOU
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Guys
Thanks so much for posting those links. Fantastic. KP 
Yabba Dabba KP

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just a quick note to say what a great time I had. Well worth the trip over from England.
Great bikes, great people, amazing event. Hope to do it again some day (50 years?).
And I got to meet up with Bob Hansen, and Bob Jameson both of who played such a pivotal role in the birth of the CB750.
Steve Swan and the other guys who were instrumental in organisng the club's display, banners, and everything else deserve a special thanks - without them it would not of happened.

Cheers guys - Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thanks Chris and everone else for your kind words.

But let me be clear, this event was a "we" event !!!!

Everyone's presence made the meet what it was and anyone who had not attended would have been a loss.

Agreed......... !!!! Let us have ongoing discussion for having a 50th Anniversary, somewhere, somehow, during 2019 !!!!

wsomgumnerd

• Biker from Thailand
    • View Profile