Honda CB750 Sandcast

Our stages of life

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Today is my 3rd day of so called 'retirement' and Thursday, March 24 was my last day of work after 43 years service in healthcare; a privilege to been given the amazing life changing experiences i have had.

and actually pretty sad and disgusting the past 4 years to be on the sheeit.end of the stick feeling the brunt of the corporatizing of health care.

i've always worked in the trenches and since the corporatization of healthcare, we've experienced breath taking staffing cuts while the corporation gives people like Peyton Manning $4mil to be spokesman for one year = $1923.07/hour of a 2080 hour work year.    Peyton's voice is in a barrage of ads on all the radio stations and his voice answers the phone when a customer is put on hold while staff are too busy to be near enough the phone to answer it.

It's being said in 50 years about 6 major corporations will own and operate all the healthcare providers in the country. healthcare delivery is being ravaged by corporate administrators interested only in the bottom line.

All that being said, these 43 years have enriched my life immeasurably.  around 30 of these years have been in mental health and substance use.   Happy retirement, Steve !   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Have a great relaxing retirement Steve. I am sure there will be hundreds of people out there that you have helped over all of those years whose lives you have turned around and will totally appreciate your efforts.

Best wishes ... Ash

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Can't say better than Ash. Enjoy your time and be proud of what you've done.

I have to work another 7 years but then I will have to see my wife working another 10 years. Can't imagine how that will be.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

4pots1969

• View Profile
Steve, a great retirement for you... I think you do not get bored !! ::)
A fully enjoy !! ;)
Gerard
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:58:22 pm by 4pots1969 »

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Congratulations Steve, well deserved. Enjoy the new life ahead of you, live it to the fullest.
[size=

UK Pete

• View Profile
well done steve enjoy your quality time,     I hope to retire in 4 years time, i cant wait
pete

Riccardo

• View Profile
Retirement is not always a good time especially for those who worked with passion and his work has been a very important part of life.
There  is 'a time for everything, what matters is' be calm, and finally be able to devote to the passions that have no age, as our passion for motorcycles and engines in general.
 Sometimes I feel a little tired after 41 years of work, but it still takes 7 to 10 years, unfortunately the laws are not clear in Italy, I will consider it as a wish for long Life.
Have a good retirement Steve and a good Life.
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

kmb69

• View Profile
Congratulations Steve!
You are going to love it!
I retired in January of 2015 and loving every second of it.

Wishing you good health and many years to come.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thank you again, Gentleman.  yes, a few months ago, i realized while driving in to work, "Work is interfering with my life!"  i am fortunate, i have never allowed my profession to be my sole identity as a person.  as long as one has good health, there's really nothing to complain about.

bojje

• View Profile
Hi Steve.
Be happy! Now you are able to enjoy all days as you wish. Many people doesn't live that long to retire, you're one of the lucky ones with good health and I expect you to continue another 30-35 years enjoying every hour. I really hope we will meet soon again, it was a pleasure to meet you in Ohio 2009.
Enjoy your time, Bo from Sweden.