Honda CB750 Sandcast

Reproduction Cables for #28 Carb Tops

vnz00 · 9 · 2986

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi All, for the last few months I have been working with some manufacturers to get some quality reproduction early #28 carburetor parts made up.

It seems many of us have been looking to restore even the carbs 'from factory' meaning we have been hoping for them to appear in some remote area of the globe.

I needed a cable and cap setup, and had a few extra made for others. I have to say that this production run is EXTREMELY limited (try counting the number of carb parts which need to be produced for a full set then consider the production costs).

These parts are applicable to pre-17000 VIN number bikes, not just sandcasts.

With Steve Swan's blessing, he has let me post this here to help out other members of the club. I am also offering a discount to members of the club to the ebay prices I will be listing later.

I was looking at $155USD for each cable plus delivery (being light, it would be around $12 - 15 worldwide - I only charge actual). I also have repro rubber carb adjuster caps available for sale at $4.50 each. I accept paypal.

The cable is made to original dimensions meaning the splitter is aluminium, and a top or bottom can be used to replace an original. I will sell them seperately. I have had the original splitter made especially for this purpose (so it is not an 'off the shelf' item). The outer cables are teflon lined, making for smooth operation, even if the lighter springs are used (less friction means more spring force to keep the pesky slides from binding).

Here is a link to the cable, as well as the other parts I am offering in the future:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=122776&id=525170702&l=781663f089

I will be offering the complete set of #28 caps, springs, brass adjusters, and even the shorter slides if there is enough demand for them. The pics at that link will show some of the progress on these parts so far. The #28 caps have been cast and will be cleaned up and machined ready for sale soon. The smaller, lighter early springs will also be available shortly.

Please dont hesitate to personal message me or post any questions you might have. I hope that the parts will help you guys out with your restorations too.

Regards, Steven Vanzetto.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks to be a great job Steve. Fellas, I've ordered a set KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Steven, you are to be commended for accomplishing this task !

You've succeeded finishing a complex project to produce parts which are excellent quality. Producing these parts like original takes commitment.

I am certain there are members who are interested in learning more about availability of these rare parts !

Steve

jimwho

• View Profile
This is good.

You guys are a great sourse of info. makes it much easier to keep these bikes running or preserved. I had about given up on getting a small cable. Don't ask what happened to the original cable- think slides stuck in carbs. I guess education comes with a price.
later, jimwho

allandry

• View Profile
Hi Steven, What would the price be for 4 carb tops without the adjusters? thanks Al Landry

chrisnoel

• View Profile
#28 carb tops with cables and other parts on e-bay right now. As of 11/3 that is.

chrisnoel

• View Profile
The tops and cables sold for $611.00 and some change. I'd say that makes reproductions a worth while investment.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah fellas, mega price for these tops but I've been trying to get a set for years so I took the plunge and went the $611. I hope they are worth it but my resto only needs a few items like this. I just need a NOS speedo and a few other bits and I'm there KP   :'(
Yabba Dabba KP

vnz00

• View Profile
Hey guys, sorry to be quiet on this for some time. I have been sourcing a method to clean the castings to my satisfaction. I found such a method in the states, but unfortunately the project is on hold while I travel. So please stay tuned. The parts will be ready within a fortnight of me returning to Australia.

KP, good pick up! They were expensive, however when restoring you have to satisfy you own standards  I look forward to seeing the final result if you are paying that sort of attention to detail.

Regards,
Steven.