Honda CB750 Sandcast

PP Brighton Bike to be auctioned in UK..On Facebook spotted by James Harrington

ashimotok0 · 114 · 16099

bojje

• View Profile
Hi again!
Bo from sweden again. I´m sorry to have mislead you all. Today when all lights were on I took the brakepoint cover for #24/43 and studied it thouroughly and I´m very sorry to see there is a stamp hidden under dust and dents. WE had at least 24 hours interesting time but now we are back to basic again. I took a Picture of the exhaustflanches and master cylinder cap. I´ll see if I can find out how to post the picture. The startercover has normal chromed bolts, no acorn ones.
Hopefully I can buy you a beer sometime as excuse, Bo from sweden

4pots1969

• View Profile
Why did not you turn on all the lights yesterday? ??? ???
But it does not matter... Here we are just back to the starting point...;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:28:05 am by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
If Bo could post one or two photos of this un-stamped cover, it would be concrete proof for alls that there have been some bikes with these covers... (At least one bike ;D ;D :D)

Quite frankly, I can not wait to see this cover on this engine in its original context...:o :o

Bravissimo!

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi again!
Bo from sweden again. I´m sorry to have mislead you all. Today when all lights were on I took the brakepoint cover for #24/43 and studied it thouroughly and I´m very sorry to see there is a stamp hidden under dust and dents. WE had at least 24 hours interesting time but now we are back to basic again. I took a Picture of the exhaustflanches and master cylinder cap. I´ll see if I can find out how to post the picture. The startercover has normal chromed bolts, no acorn ones.
Hopefully I can buy you a beer sometime as excuse, Bo from sweden

Bo, super simple to attach pictures.  

1.  when you open up a new post, click "additional options."  
2.  Then click "choose file" just to the right of "Attach:"  
3.  This will take you to the files in your computer so you can select the picture you want to attach to your post to us.  

One word of "caution."  if the picture you are trying to attach is too large, you probably will not be able to attach it.  In that case:
1.  right click on the picture, then click on "edit," then click on "pixels" in the "horizontal" space,
2.  then type in what pixel size you want to reduce the picture to.  (I reduce the pictures i want to post to 1020 pixels.)
3.  then "X" out of the picture and click on "save."  

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Looks like David Silvers 's workshop to me ! or it has been suggested the Ex-Honda UK man's workshop who is involved with his museum.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 11:43:35 am by ashimotok0 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
it would be interesting to know what parts are being fitted to 2110.  so far any specific details have not been disclosed.  all there has been is a certain amount of sales hype to increase auction fever.  or, as is being said by some in America, alternative facts to the actual truth about this machine.  i have heard the bike was in quite a state of disrepair and missing parts distinct to a late p-p bike.  would be nice to see pics with detail. 

4pots1969

• View Profile
Apparently, the carburetors are not good in comparison to the blue 2113 ??? I hope they have kept them to be able to put them back...

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The bike Vic had was in a lot better shape than this one. The shocks are missing, the fender/mudguard is missing the black speedo cable is missing, the correct kick lever is missing, the fork ears, the headlight, tail light, even the taco cable and original petcock is missing There is a distinct lack of good photos available which is sad or is it deliberate. I'm surprised David Silver has posted the comment he has. It may well be the actual frame and engine and have many original items BUT it's not correct and the missing parts should be clearly stated so people who bid know what they are getting.
Oh! and Steve is correct. it's not a prototype.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:36:02 pm by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

ashimotok0

• View Profile
appears to be relief for brake pedal on #4 exhaust pipe....? 

Yes I noticed that Steve and Yamiya have stocks of the Lotus Root ones,which would have been way better. I think I would keep the oval rear lamp and Honda C50  indicators, as that's what Honda UK fitted in 1969 to comply with UK regulations. I am hoping it stays in the UK but I  bound to be biased. Whatever happens I just hope it doesn't disappear without trace, after the auction.   

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
The bike Vic had was in a lot better shape than this one. The shocks are missing, the fender/mudguard is missing the black speedo cable is missing, the correct kick lever is missing, the fork ears, the headlight, tail light, even the taco cable and original petcock is missing There is a distinct lack of good photos available which is sad or is it deliberate. I'm surprised David Silver has posted the comment he has. It may well be the actual frame and engine and have many original items BUT it's not correct and the missing parts should be clearly stated so people who bid know what they are getting.
Oh! and Steve is correct. it's not a prototype.

the people associated with putting this motorcycle together seem to be presenting "alternative facts."  will undoubtedly be alot of auction hype on this bike.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Here is another very cool...

Gerard, where did you find that picture?  that's the best one yet.

a simple request:  when people find pics and if/when you post them, please attach the source

i don't have time to watch the developments on this machine, look for the latest information, so i appreciate all your diligent work!

DW69K0

• View Profile
With the damage to the gas tank and the replacement fork ears, one would guess that the bike has been wrecked. The front fender has cable guide for speedometer.
DW

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
With the damage to the gas tank and the replacement fork ears, one would guess that the bike has been wrecked. The front fender has cable guide for speedometer.
DW

Duane, you are right, it is horrible to watch what they are doing.  i often get a kick out of "experts," because they've been given press exposure, think they know something, that their every word is hung on like gospel.  they're making the poor bike more of a mess than when they started.  trying to make the bike look a silk purse when it's a sow's ear.  don't get me wrong, i am not demeaning the bike, it is 1 of 3 holy grails of CB750's.  i am demeaning what they are doing to the bike.  clearly they think making the bike look complete will create a bidder shit show. everything they're doing will have to be removed or reworked.  hopefully they're not altering any of the bike to make production parts fit.  assuming the new owner understands what this motorcycle is, he will contact George Beale straightaway.