Honda CB750 Sandcast

No stamped "Made in Japan" ignition points covers

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Gerard very graciously parted with one of his points covers that does not have "Made in Japan" stamped in the cover.  These unstamped covers are those which we continue to believe is the same cover fitted to the gold late pre-production Brighton bike (2110/E2110) and the blue-green (2113/E2113) bike.  Pictures taken from my collection of sandcast-era literature of both of 2110 and 2113 distinctly reveal points covers without the "Made in Japan" stamping.  Attached are pictures of the cover i received from Gerard; this cover came in factory Honda wrapping paper, and factory Honda plastic bag.  The wrapping paper very clearly has been around the the cover for a long time, at least long enough to take the shape of the cover.  The plastic bag is clearly sandcast-era and not fresh.

4pots1969

• View Profile
Steve ;) Can you share all the photos of this cover without the "Made in Japan" because I have found only one photo in a French magazine that leaves no doubt...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:44:10 am by 4pots1969 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks to be a 10 hole clutch cover of sorts on that bike
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
Looks to be a 10 hole clutch cover of sorts on that bike

Kp, this is the picture of the pre-production 2110 "BRIGHTON BIKE"

The clutch cover with only 7 holes...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:02:50 pm by 4pots1969 »

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
WOW, Gerard!!

You are opening Aladins cave?
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My friend from France, you never cease to amaze us. I hope the readers of this site appreciate how much you bring to the sandcast forum
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Steve ;) Can you share all the photos of this cover without the "Made in Japan" because I have found only one photo in a French magazine that leaves no doubt...

Gerard, give me some time and keep reminding me, and i will go through all my magazines and brochures (around 50 in all) and find the pics of late p-p bikes with the unstamped points cover.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Early German diecast in a 12.000km road test.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Early German diecast in a 12.000km road test.

Uli, very interesting pic of early die cast which appears NOT to have stamped  "MIJ" points cover...?

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

ok.  Gerard, i seem to think i have pics better/different than this, will keep searching.  perhaps the picture i post is same as yours in French magazine...  pictures i post, appears with some certainty, 2110 does not have a "MIJ" stamped points cover.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
fwiw, another pic of 2110.  you will note in the color picture of mechanic, is the same man in the black & white picture shown on the April 1969 MOTORCYCLE SPORT magazine.  Chris R might have some interesting comments on this man.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
hmm.  actually, i think the pics i posted are the only pics i have of 2110's points cover.  i have some period pics of 2113, but none are good enough to conclude with any certainty that the cover on 2113 has an unstamped "MIJ" points cover.  i will keep looking.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Gerard, just for the fun of it, could you post a picture of the entire page of that magazine and if the cover shows 2110, then could you post a full picture of cover?  Thank you!

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
fwiw, here is picture of clutch coder from 2113, "7-hole."  oops.  looks like i just posted same pic as Gerard posted earlier....  my apologies!

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
and, fwiw, pic of 2110 during time of Brighton show