Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast 5590 Auction - Ebay

vnz00 · 18 · 2519

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi!
In my opinion the most interesting with this auction is that it stopped at 18.000 a. Ouple of days before ending. Last two days nothing more happened.
Bo from Sweden.

thanks for acknowledging that Bo, i remember seeing bidding stalled, and i noticed ebay did not state after auction ended that the item sold....

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think he did well to get $18k IMHO. The bike needed so much to correct it and it will cost at least $5k additional as a minimum. Other than the obvious, it was missing a fair number of #8 bolts, had an odd set of caps on the forks, front switch was shot, most chrome bolts and fittings were rusty, and the bike generally was very weathered. The odd indicator rear lenses in one photo, and the absence of seat pins made me think this bike was touched up to look a $million just for the sale. In fairness to the seller he was fairly accurate with the description. Again, I think $18K was a fair price
Yabba Dabba KP

vnz00

• View Profile
I think $18k was a very decent price for it.  I think a similar condition bike 12 months ago would have been in the 10-14k mark.  Prices are on the rise, even for projects.