Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast 5590 Auction - Ebay

vnz00 · 18 · 3190

vnz00

• View Profile
Looks to be a reasonable start for a restoration.  $14.1K at time of post.  Its amazing how much prices have risen even in the last 12 months.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Honda-CB/382551851081?hash=item5911de0049:g:R7AAAOSwSZBbhMUq

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Does all those bikes offered go to the VIN directory?

Lots of work to do and correct parts to buy here. Already expensive for a restoration basis.
Interesting to see how far the auction goes.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Does all those bikes offered go to the VIN directory?

I do TRY to save bikes I see for sale to add to the VIN directory. I think I may look for a volunteer to be the keeper of the spreadsheet and send me updates in small batches to add to the website directory. Anyone?  ;) 
[size=

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Happy to be involved again if it helps.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
now at 18k, will it beat out that k1 that just sold for 21.1k?
Yep

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:05:42 pm by Steve Swan »
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
now at 18k, will it beat out that k1 that just sold for 21.1k?
Yep

this auction will be interesting to see what price the bike brings being's it's a RH horn vin that's decent looking, not restored, work's been done to it, i.e., older repaint, HM300's, will run but not in running condition, has various incorrect parts, i.e., seat, ign.switch.  i would suggest this bike will give some sort of an idea what RH horn units in "average" or "good" condition are worth.  i am wondering what the same condition LH horn bike would be doing were it at auction?  is a higher >2xxx vin LH horn bike worth more because it has a LH horn vs. RH?  Should a LH horn vin be worth more simply because it is a LH horn unit?  after all, more LH horn units were produced than RH units......   at what vin point does the value of a sandcast "level" out and one particular vin does not bring more or less than another vin?  At what vin point do values start dropping noticeably?

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Hi Steve,
Not sure if the bidders know of LH or RH horns. I don’t see a decent bike but only a restoration basis. Look at the detail pics. A bit too much patina, if rust on bar, bolts etc. can be told as patina. All the expensive parts missing/wrong. Such as front fender, seat, colour, exhaust. Not even the KO air filter box.

Normally K wonder how cheap bikes are in USA but in this case I wonder how high it goes.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi Steve,
Not sure if the bidders know of LH or RH horns. I don’t see a decent bike but only a restoration basis. Look at the detail pics. A bit too much patina, if rust on bar, bolts etc. can be told as patina. All the expensive parts missing/wrong. Such as front fender, seat, colour, exhaust. Not even the KO air filter box.

Normally K wonder how cheap bikes are in USA but in this case I wonder how high it goes.

Uli, you make a good point of bidders not know of LH vs. RH horn models.  i remember back in the day being surprised the horn was not always on the RH side....

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Did it trop down to 18.000?

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
In my opinion the most interesting with this auction is that it stopped at 18.000 a. Ouple of days before ending. Last two days nothing more happened.
Bo from Sweden.