Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast #487 for Sale

seroj · 17 · 3057

seroj

• View Profile
I'm going to be listing my 1969 CB750 Sandcast for sale on eBay in the next couple days. I thought I'd post it here first since I know there are some serious sandcast collectors here.

Frame number 1000487
Engine number 1000637

I bought it in 2015 from a gentleman in Pennsylvania. He bought it in 1978 with 16k miles. Before that he said it was owned by a local doctor.

It hadn't run for years, but had thankfully been stored inside and was in overall very nice, mostly original condition. I've left all the paint and chrome alone. The wheels have been respoked. New correct tires fitted. New correct ducktail seat fitted. I rebuilt the forks, front master cylinder, caliper, and lines. Carbs were overhauled and run through an ultrasonic cleaner. The bike starts and runs good, and I enjoy riding it around town.

I don't pretend to be as knowledgeable about these bikes as some of the contributors here. I know the bike has some incorrect things and isn't 100% original, but it is pretty damn close.

I've posted a lot of pictures on photobucket. Feel free to have a look:
http://s129.photobucket.com/user/seroj1/library/1969%20CB750%20Sandcast

This is a very early VIN and a nice survivor. I value the bike at about $30k give or take. Located near Kansas City. Feel free to call if interested 913-486-9405.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I had a good look at your comprehensive portfolio on Photobucket and all I can say is this will be an interesting auction indeed. Superb condition for its age. Yes a few things wrong but as you said, "pretty damn close". I don't think there would be many early frame number bikes around with that milage in such original condition. Congratulations to you and previous owners on keeping it in such original condition.
Would love you to do 2 things for us as a group. Take a photograph of the underside of the tank and close up photos of the taco and speedo drives
Hope you get well into the $30k's as I wouldn't sell for anything less. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

vnz00

• View Profile
I’m guessing it’s a 17liter tank KP.  I know of a bike in the 460’s which was already using a 17liter tank.  

I stand corrected - that’s a 19litre tank.  That pushes the cutoff a bit higher too.

All the best with the auction!

Steven
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 07:36:26 am by vnz00 »

seroj

• View Profile
KP, thanks for your input. I uploaded some more photos to the link showing the underside of the tank as well as the tach and speedo.

4pots1969

• View Profile
Very nice machine...
But be more specific KP ;D ;D... What mistakes have you seen??? ;) :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:54:04 am by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
My advice:  KNOW exactly what you have, any vin <500 is worthy of attention as to what constitutes the earliest of parts, case in point realizing the bike had a 19 liter tank and not 17.  Make a comprehensive and factual listing of what bike is and is not (avoid dog and pony show subjective crap like "Sochiro's brainchild," "not everybody's got one," or what ever), list on ebay, and let it rock and roll.  consider doing a reserve price to protect yourself and start it out for $19.69 or set the start price for what you want for the bike.  

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mon ami, nous devrions attendre la fin des enchères
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
KP, thanks for your input. I uploaded some more photos to the link showing the underside of the tank as well as the tach and speedo.
Thanks for the additional photos. Indeed that is a 19 litre tank which is a rare item. Steven is correct in that this pushes out our frame number to which a 19 litre tank was fitted. I suspect that frame number is getting towards the end of 19 litre fitment. You know Mr Swan got very excited after seeing that tank photo  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 04:05:40 pm by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agree with Steve. We like to keep a finger on the pricing pulse Thanks
Yabba Dabba KP

seroj

• View Profile
To respect the buyer's privacy, I'd rather not post the sale price.

acruz

• View Profile
Seroj, your engine is #637 and I have engine #636 which means they were next to each other in the assembly line.