Honda CB750 Sandcast

Mystery engine shaft ?

OZZYCB · 7 · 1642

OZZYCB

• View Profile
Just wondering if anyone would know why there is a machined shaft/spindle castings in the lower cases at the bottom right side of the clutch (inside the clutch housing area.) The curve on the lower r/h side of the clutch cover allows for something.Seems the cases were designed for something ??  anyone else picked up on this? 
sorry couldnt figure out how to upload a pic..

OZZYCB

• View Profile

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
When you post on the board towards the bottom left of the "post reply" or "new topic page" you will see blue writing with the words +Additional Options, click on this and another set of writing emerges. You will see in BOLD print Attach: Choose File
Hover the arrow over the box that says "Choose File" A drop down window should show all the files available from your computer. Find the photo and click on this and then select "choose" in the bottom right of the drop down window This should attach your photo
Remember that 1200 KB is the largest size photo that can be uploaded
Yabba Dabba KP

OZZYCB

• View Profile
just grabbed a pic from sooc files to save resizing ,(shaft housing arrowed)

markb

• View Profile
just grabbed a pic from sooc files to save resizing ,(shaft housing arrowed)
I had noticed that too. No idea what it's for either and I think I remember asking about. I do recognize the engine.  :o That's my E100! It sure looks better now.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

OZZYCB

• View Profile
my guess is that maybe they originally intended to use it as an oil pump drive driven off the clutch basket,  i checked the die cast cases i have laying about and there is no provision for it, although the space is still maintained ,.,,another sandcast oddity

OZZYCB

• View Profile
or maybe a different primary chain  tensioner set-up