Honda CB750 Sandcast

Scammer trying to "sell" 374/E379

Wayne · 4 · 1403

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Only one little problem, it's Vince Ciotti"s bike!

Jose Machines josemachineautos@gmail.com

Shame I have to let this beauty go due to project forces. The famouse 1969 Honda CB 750 Sandcast. How rare is this one? Chassis VIN # = 374 and engine = #379, only five digits apart! Why are they apart? Hondas were shipped from Japan in separate crates of engines & chassis, and then assembled in California in random fashion. Many sandcasts have frame & engine numbers that are hundreds of digits apart, so this one's close numbers are rare indeed. • Comes with the original owner’s and shop manuals, both of which are nicely worn and faded, with the original owners notes on tune-ups and oil changes he did in the 1970s, further proof of the bike’s authenticity.

I am asking $18000
Jose Pliergo B.

[size=

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
So, where did this "myth" about final assembly being carried out in California originate from? Can anyone provide any evidence to support this?
Or is it just a case of if something not true is repeated enough times then it starts to become an established fact?

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I guess myths can be spread like virus’s on the internet Chris. In this case by Jose Pliergo B, a scammer. He probably stole most (or all) of his description from another ad and inserted Vince Ciotti’s numbers.
[size=