Honda CB750 Sandcast

Gearboxes Sandcast ( Three Types ? )

sandguss

• View Profile
I have three gearboxes, all sandcast , I think three different types !
the first in picture 1 and 2
the second in picture 3 and 4
the last in picture 5 and 6
all in the last Picture

Can someone help me to find out what is used on early VIN and late VIN

thank you

bojje

• View Profile
Hi.
The first kind you have is used from VIN around 500 and up to around 1500. Your second kind I have seen a couple of times but I am not sure if it is a bad cut of your first kind or if it is another kind we have not spoken about before. What I know is that my #1741/1803 has them on both gauges. Your third kind I use to say is used from around 1500 and up to 12000-13000. I have also seen later bikes with one gauge with your third kind and one with a diecast gear.
Will be interesting to hear what comment the other guys have about this topic.
Kind Regards, Bo from sweden.

DW69K0

• View Profile
This is a great past post showing the different gauge types for your reference. Marcel and others have done a great job categorizing the difference sandcast gauge types by VIN numbers.

http://cb750sandcastonly.com/smf_forum/index.php/topic,317.0.html

Enjoy,
DW

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi.
The first kind you have is used from VIN around 500 and up to around 1500. Your second kind I have seen a couple of times but I am not sure if it is a bad cut of your first kind or if it is another kind we have not spoken about before. What I know is that my #1741/1803 has them on both gauges. Your third kind I use to say is used from around 1500 and up to 12000-13000. I have also seen later bikes with one gauge with your third kind and one with a diecast gear.
Will be interesting to hear what comment the other guys have about this topic.
Kind Regards, Bo from sweden.

thank you Manfred for starting this thread on speedometer and tachometer drive box types.  i seem to recall only having seen the 1st and 3rd types.  i wonder if the 2nd type is the result a different man operating the machine that made the cuts on the drive box?

Don R

• View Profile
 I have one of the third type removed from a K1 speedometer. I'm assuming it will work on a K0 diecast speedo, but have not tried it yet. I've owned 8 or 10 K1 gauge sets and it's the only one I found.