Honda CB750 Sandcast

IMPORTANT - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ!!

Wayne · 17 · 2861

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello All
After much thought and consideration I have decided my time as the owner of record, webmaster and Admin of the SOOC Web site has run it's course. There are a number of reasons for this, a few of which are: I no longer own a sandcast, participation/interest in the site has dwindled to a very dedicated few, with age my skills at web site building are not where they need to be and life priorities are changing.

Having said that, if anyone would like you give me a sandcast that would probably renew my enthusiasm and interest.  ;D ;D Just kidding!  ;)

On a serious note I'm offering to pass the baton to whomever would be willing to take the site over. I think the long standing members need to give the stamp of approval to any parties interested.

The current hosting and domain fees with StartLogic are paid up until 12/06/2019. If nobody takes over, I will not be renewing the services.

If you have basic html skills the continuation of adding to the site requires nothing more than time. I have many pages updated but not yet published. The files can be zipped and easily emailed. The board itself is fairly basic and only requires administrative privileges to make changes to it.

If you are interested in this venture please contact me at sandcast750@gmail.com and we'll discuss the details on how to transition the site over.   

Wayne
[size=

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey Wayne,

I'm a designer and software engineer. And I happen to have a few sandcasts. I'll email you.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Prospect

• View Profile
Hello All
After much thought and consideration I have decided my time as the owner of record, webmaster and Admin of the SOOC Web site has run it's course. There are a number of reasons for this, a few of which are: I no longer own a sandcast, participation/interest in the site has dwindled to a very dedicated few, with age my skills at web site building are not where they need to be and life priorities are changing.

Having said that, if anyone would like you give me a sandcast that would probably renew my enthusiasm and interest.  ;D ;D Just kidding!  ;)

On a serious note I'm offering to pass the baton to whomever would be willing to take the site over. I think the long standing members need to give the stamp of approval to any parties interested.

The current hosting and domain fees with StartLogic are paid up until 12/06/2019. If nobody takes over, I will not be renewing the services.

If you have basic html skills the continuation of adding to the site requires nothing more than time. I have many pages updated but not yet published. The files can be zipped and easily emailed. The board itself is fairly basic and only requires administrative privileges to make changes to it.

If you are interested in this venture please contact me at sandcast750@gmail.com and we'll discuss the details on how to transition the site over.   

Wayne

Thanks for your years of service.  I've always enjoyed this site and hope someone with the required skills can take over. 
Vin 256/106

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Thank you Wayne for all you did to us and this forum.

It would be great if the key could be passed to Ujeni who also did great contributions to this forum as well.

Hey Wayne,

I'm a designer and software engineer. And I happen to have a few sandcasts. I'll email you.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

markb

• View Profile
It would be great if the key could be passed to Ujeni who also did great contributions to this forum as well.
That almost sounds like a nomination. If it is I would second it.  :)
And thanks Wayne for everything you've done.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone. I have spoken with Sam and he appears to be very knowledgeable with respect to website design, technology and of course, sandcasts.

Sam and I will work together over the next while on a transition plan for the site and bulletin board. I have a good feeling that he will be able to take the site to the next level. I look forward to seeing his work.  :)

Thanks Sam for taking this on and keeping the site alive.
[size=

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great to talk with you Wayne! I'm really excited about this! I think big things are in store for this site!  ;D

And thanks to everyone for the very kind support.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's great Sam and thanks on behalf of us all
And a BIG thanks to you Wayne. You not only do the housekeeping, design work and sorting out problems but you support this group in other forums which mostly goes unnoticed. It's the usual group as always who offer that thanks and I, as well as those others do appreciate your efforts. I know you won't be far from a keyboard to offer advice and discussion. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Joe K

• View Profile
Yes thank you for your years of service, Wayne!  And thank you, Sam for stepping up to keep our interest going!

Joe K.

acruz

• View Profile
Thanks Wayne for the years of service and dedication to the members and this iconic motorcycle.  I can't think of a more experience person to take the captain's seat than Sam.   Congrats to both you guys.

markb

• View Profile
Thanks for taking this on Sam. It's nice to know we're not going away anytime soon.  :)
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thank you Wayne, for your devotion, hard work, and time spent over the years serving sandcastonly.

And, Sam, thank you for taking over the helm from Wayne's able hands; someone with your expertise is exactly what i have hoped for.

Gregg

• View Profile
Wayne, as a usually silent member, I wanted to speak up an say thank you very much for all of the work and effort that you have put in to help make the forum what it is today. The results of your work is appreciated by many of the silent and vocal members of alike. As a side note, it was also a great pleasure dealing with you personally.
Also, thank you Sam for grabbing the baton and offering your time and abilities. We all know that there is a lot more work involved in these endeavors than it seems on the surface. As another side note, I enjoyed  meeting you and spending a little time with you at the auction in Las Vegas.
Gregg

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
I have really appreciated your marvellous work with the webside Wayne. A big THANK YOU for your job. I am also pleased Sam is taking over. Unfortunately we are spread all over the world so I believe it will be difficult to meat you in person. However, I really hope to see you some time in the future.
Once again, Thank You Wayne and Sam, Bo from Sweden.

4pots1969

• View Profile
Wayne, I also wanted to thank you for your excellent work on the site during all these years...
You could not find better for continuity !! ;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:42:01 pm by 4pots1969 »