Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast video

Prospect

• View Profile
I haven't seen this video posted but it's well done even though I don't agree with everything he said.  He predicts the future price of the sandcast at £250 000.  That's hard to believe. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA3FFe-lSsw
Vin 256/106

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
He must be trying to manipulate the market :)
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah........  he says "people love stories"........   carbs are a "nightmare to manage they go out of tune all the time"....... "bike's wide like riding a horse, very difficult to touch the ground"......  uh, huh....  wear platform shoes then!  gawd.....  i just can't resist.....  the cases are "full of air, they're very weak"......  "it's  great engine"....  what is full of air is one Mr. Paul Jayson; that's entertainment folks!  in closing "I'm Paul Jayson and I'm the motorcycle broker." uh, huh, you profiteering pimp.  Paul's as full of shit as labeetlekid on ebay.  ;D :o

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
the exhaust was blubbering like Paul Jayson; the individual carburetor's a/f ratio's are off more than a little bit.  the only thing that that is going to increase to 250 pounds is Mr. Jayson's belly girth and length of his nose.  pity the person who buys from "Paul Jayson, the motorcycle broker."  Smoke and mirrors, dog and pony snake oil showmen's blather such as this slippery con man deserve no less than a scathing review.  

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
here is a comment posted on sohc4 by one of our most knowledgeable members, Keith Byers who has been in the machining and machine manufacturing profession his entire life - "Your expert, on the Norton Forum, is obviously misinformed and possibly delusional. The first 7,414 1969 CB750 Honda engines were DEFINITELY produced using the Sandcast process. They were diecast beginning at CB750E-1007415. Sandcast and "gravity cast" are for all PRACTICAL definition, the same thing. Diecast or permanent mold tooling is not cheap and Honda had no idea if sales of their new bike would justify the investment in the tooling. It is quite common for manufacturers to build prototype and pilot series runs using the Sandcast process because it is much cheaper. The intro on this forum, http://www.sohc4.net/cb750-sandcast/, about the Sandcast motors is chock full of incorrect information. The writer obviously knows little about which he speaketh and writeth. Your Sandcast engine cases saw quite a bit of sand."

if the link opens, here is what Keith wrote, great thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=152313.0

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

the exhaust was blubbering like Paul Jayson; the individual carburetor's a/f ratio's are off more than a little bit.  the only thing that that is going to increase to 250 pounds is Mr. Jayson's belly girth and length of his nose.  pity the person who buys from "Paul Jayson, the motorcycle broker."  Smoke and mirrors, dog and pony snake oil showmen's blather such as this slippery con man deserve no less than a scathing review.  
:o :o :o :o :o You didn't miss
I agree with what you posted about the errors. I just wasn't bothered to post. When he said the engines were old and other stuff lost me and I thought of Chris Rushton and his 100k sandcast
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
if the link opens, here is what Keith wrote, great thread - http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=152313.0
That was indeed a good read and some 4 years old. Keith you did a great job with your posts. I know that some of us sometime write stuff here that is a bit out there and later be corrected, but that's what this site is about, learning. Some of the stuff being peddled there was just plain BS as you said.
Anyone who thinks the early bikes were made in California and the sandcast cases were other than made using the sand casting process are just talking through their f/n rrrrrrrrrrrrr's es
Thanks for posting the link Mr Swan and Keith, thanks for adding a bit more knowledge to my feeble brain
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sandcast. Made in my young days of smoking strange herbs and taking some weird blotter stuff.  ;D Surface look familiar? Case closed. ✌️✌️
[size=

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
WOW

One of one early 70th Sandcast peace belt closing made by sandcast admin himself.

I assume 750 - 1.000 US $
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

kmb69

• View Profile
Thanks KP. And Steve. Was a good re-read for me too.
I forgot about having written that. It's true as I believe it.