Honda CB750 Sandcast

Oil Tank Side Cover Decal

kp · 19 · 4156

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
For those interested, the current crop of oil side cover decals for sale from vendors are not correct for the early K0 bikes. I'm not sure when Honda changed these decals, but for Sandcasts (early at least) the correct decal has no reference to US pints and did not use the word "Oil" before Tank Cap. I think the dimensions could have also changed and the words "ENGINE OIL" are maybe written in a larger font although I'll need to check that.
Here are photos of the 1st and 2nd generation decals.
Does anyone have this decal on their machine and if so can I ask you to provide the frame number. So far we are at frames up to around 250
Thanks fellas
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 05:48:56 pm by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
If someone knows where to find the oiltank label for -69 and -70 year model with the narrow O in oil I also would like to buy 10-15 of them.
Thanks for your topic Kerry!
Best Regards, Bo from sweden.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
For those interested, the current crop of oil side cover decals for sale fro vendors are not correct for the early K0 bikes. I'm not sure when Honda changed these decals but for Sandcasts (early at least) the correct decal has no reference to US pints and did not use the word "Oil" before Tank Cap. I think the dimensions also changed and the words "ENGINE OIL" are written in a larger font.
Here is a photo of a correct decal although it's a bit worse for wear.
Does anyone have this decal on their machine and if so can we get the frame number
Thanks fellas

KP, i've been reading and rereading your post and not sure i understand what you are saying/asking.  "decals for sale fro vendors are not correct for the early K0 bikes"  you do not include sandcast, you are referring to diecast beginning 7415 to 44650?

What do you mean ""Oil" before Tank Cap." ?

the photo of "oil" sticker you posted, what vin is this off of?  (if i understand correctly, i believe you are saying there may be two types of LH side cover stickers for different vin ranges....?)

i can't remember where i got the decal for LH side cover that i stuck on 232.....  when i find spare time, i'll have a look at what is on 232.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good Morning Mr Swan, I don't actually know when these oil decals were changed so I've used the model K0 to see who can tell us what. I do know that the decal was used on Sandcasts up to frame 245 but past that I have no idea so this is where the members can help especially if anyone has the same decal on a bike post sandcast
Anybody help with this
Hi Bo Do you have a photo of the odd O you refer to please.
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Good Morning Mr Swan, I don't actually know when these oil decals were changed so I've used the model K0 to see who can tell us what. I do know that the decal was used on Sandcasts up to frame 245 but past that I have no idea so this is where the members can help especially if anyone has the same decal on a bike post sandcast
Anybody help with this
Hi Bo Do you have a photo of the odd O you refer to please.

KP, i'll try to snap a pic sooner than later of the repro sticker on 232; curious to know your opinion on what i think you have. 

To the SOOC community - we might keep this thread alive by posting pics of the stickers we have on our LH side covers, especially if the stickers are original!

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The parts book shows the decal, part# 87125 300 000, was current to frame 44649 and even shows the early decal in the picture even though they did change to part# 87125 300 010 at frame 44650
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
The parts book shows the decal, part# 87125 300 000, was current to frame 44649 and even shows the early decal in the picture even though they did change to part# 87125 300 010 at frame 44650

thanks KP.  interesting small yet important detail.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Original decal from VIN 1008054 has in brackets 7.4 US pints rather than 6.0 pints as your label. Suggests the label change did not have a part number change associated with it? Suggests the change occurred sometime during sandcast production?

Chris R
Chris R.
302/338

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Already in train. Made the contact with the decal makers yesterday. I've asked a member if I can have a good photo for them to work with.
The next type of decal (see photo) hopefully is a similar size, just different words etc so have sourced one of these and if OK, will forward that as well. I suspect the size is the same but fat lady.
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've just added a better photos of an original and later decal to the first post. Thank's to Keith for the photo. Appreciated
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
great to see fellow members helping with contributions for discussions.  Thank you KP for starting this thread identifying different LH cover stickers and Keith for contributing  a sticker.  will be interesting if there is more than 2 types of stickers on sandcast bikes.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If you have enough spares, I could use two decals with 6.0 pints on them - I am assuming that #302 and #1120 would have had the early version.
What about #5298 though? (None of my three had the original label fitted when I acquired them)
Need more owners of original bikes to respond as to what label is fitted, so that we can understand what is correct....

Chris R.

Chris R.
302/338

kmb69

• View Profile
I've just added a better photos of an original and later decal to the first post. Thank's to Keith for the photo. Appreciated
great to see fellow members helping with contributions for discussions.  Thank you KP for starting this thread identifying different LH cover stickers and Keith for contributing  a sticker.  will be interesting if there is more than 2 types of stickers on sandcast bikes.

I was totally unaware until KP brought it to my attention.
That one is on 244 and it's the best one so far.
I NEED some as most of mine are missing!

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well fellas ;D
I received the repop decals for the oil cover, (and just for Mark) I asked that the frame decal to be copied as well. So we now have 2 great outcomes IMHO. The oil decal is not 100% but at least 99% and I doubt anyone could do a better job. Yippie Ky O, Yabba Dabba, High Fives
The frame decal Mark referred to (and advised us was not so good) I had to agree was a poor replacement to our needs That has now been addressed to a point. I've asked if these can be printed on heavier alloy stock material.
Anyway here are some pics. Photos of the frame labels are firstly of an original (mine) as opposed to the current available decal supplies out there
Second photo is what has been now reproduced. Note the O. U, P, T, D and the C (and other fonts) in relation to the first photo reproduction and to what has now been reproduced. Much much better IMHO.
The third photo is the oil decal which was original to early bikes from Honda and I'm thinking maybe the first 2000 bikes, maybe more.
So, I've asked the decal maker to supply these and will advise accordingly. I do not want to be involved in any way with supply and I'm wanting the supplier to do the business end.
To those of you who took the time to assist with photos and other info with this project, A BIG Thank You
Yabba Dabba KP