Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast 2548 / E2689 on eBay - very nice

Kevin M · 17 · 2430

Kevin M

• View Profile
Sandcast 2549 / E2689 is listed on eBay.  It's very clean and has been very well maintained.  Nice bike with 7851 miles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Honda-CB/123906899191?hash=item1cd96d3cf7:g:U3QAAOSwapRdfRKW
2293/E2456
2565/E2734

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Amazing documentation on this bike.

The condition is almost too good to be true frankly. The paint seems flawless. I dont see anything about a repaint. If this is truely original paint, then it might be the nicest red example I have ever "seen".

Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Amazing documentation on this bike.

The condition is almost too good to be true frankly. The paint seems flawless. I dont see anything about a repaint. If this is truely original paint, then it might be the nicest red example I have ever "seen".

Sam, i share your suspicion.  i don't know what seller's knowledge base on things sandcast is, sounds like he's helping a friend of a family selling off estate items, seller makes no mention of 341 exhaust.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The documentation makes reference to new side cover/s, also refers to replacing exhaust with a 1972 system The bike was purchase used with 5764 miles on it so prior to that one would never know. The documentation seems to be typed as one exercise but the records could easily have been written and then typed.
The bike looks to be cared for by one very very very fastidious owner. The bike looks to be original in that the carbs still have the 28 caps, original smooth ferule oil lines, instruments have that nice new texture, that brake pedal looks totally original and not showing corrosion. The airbox looks original including a crack. Reference is made to a crack repair/s. The headlight shell has the tell-tale of some fading beginning
There are a few incorrect parts but these are obviously maintenance type things such as airbox rubbers
At some time the brake disc caliper has seized but this would be expected given the time alone
To me this is the best presented, and if correctly stated, unrestored bike we've seen since that low mile one of Vic's. If I had the cash I buy this bike in a heartbeat, replace the exhaust if I could find one, put a few other things back to original, place said bike in a nitrogen filled big bag, under cover and leave it, bringing it out only to show off to you lot  ;D
I think this is a bike Marty should buy. What you say Marty  ;)
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
The documentation makes reference to new side cover/s, also refers to replacing exhaust with a 1972 system The bike was purchase used with 5764 miles on it so prior to that one would never know. The documentation seems to be typed as one exercise but the records could easily have been written and then typed.
The bike looks to be cared for by one very very very fastidious owner. The bike looks to be original in that the carbs still have the 28 caps, original smooth ferule oil lines, instruments have that nice new texture, that brake pedal looks totally original and not showing corrosion. The airbox looks original including a crack. Reference is made to a crack repair/s. The headlight shell has the tell-tale of some fading beginning
There are a few incorrect parts but these are obviously maintenance type things such as airbox rubbers
At some time the brake disc caliper has seized but this would be expected given the time alone
To me this is the best presented, and if correctly stated, unrestored bike we've seen since that low mile one of Vic's. If I had the cash I buy this bike in a heartbeat, replace the exhaust if I could find one, put a few other things back to original, place said bike in a nitrogen filled big bag, under cover and leave it, bringing it out only to show off to you lot  ;D
I think this is a bike Marty should buy. What you say Marty  ;)

KP, thanks for your eval based on what you spotted with your eagle eyes and read in the ad.  would have helped if i'd taken the time to read the ad.  yeah, Marty should buy this one.

42barab

• View Profile
I was wondering how excited and anxious Mr. F might have been on April 8, 1969.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mr Swan sells himself short. He knows more sh#* about more bikes than I could ever hope to know. He's the man I call on to tell me about different models and makes. Cos I'm retired I got plenty of time to do stupid stuff like read war and peace about the service records of this bike. I can tell you it was getting a bit exhausting on those last few pages. But having said that, if I was buying this bike that info is as good as I've seen and top marks to the seller. No crap about "when Mr Honda made 7414 blah blah" or "the first 63,227 sandcasts were built right here in Cal". Nope, he just cuts to the chase
Further on this bike; in fact there are a number of candidates on this site that could add this top example to their collection. Chris, Mark, Sam, Keith, Gerard, Steven, Michael, Don, Greg, Chuck, Randy, hmmmm! ;D Actually if Marty passes I think this would look great in Bo's collection, Mmmm
Yabba Dabba KP

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well spotted details KP!

This is either one of the best candy ruby-red survivors I have ever seen or an older restoration. I suspect is is something in between.... There is no sticker on the shocks for example. He polished and refinished the engine side covers, put new foam in the seat, refinished the tank emblems, replaced the side covers and airbox bottom. Fork legs and valve cover have been refinished. Etc.

Anyway, it is a beautiful bike; one of the best to go up for sale on ebay in recent memory!

No room in my garage though! :)

Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Diecast #16608

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Perhaps it is me, but the front fender sits a bit strange to my eye. Too far forward?

Compare the front fenders...

The eBay bike:

My restored red bike:

To me, it looks like the front fender on the ebay bike is either mounted wrong or cut. Thoughts?
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Diecast #16608

markb

• View Profile
I'd say it's mounted wrong, if that's possible.  ???
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
should only mount one way but that has certainly been mis-mounted. Both brackets are mirror images except for the cable stay The rear bracket should be near horizontal to the ground whereas that one isn't. He said he removed it to polish the chrome so he's somehow remounted it back the front
Sam that's a gooooood catch. Someone needs to email him and tell him, as he obviously doesn't know
Yabba Dabba KP

vnz00

• View Profile
Looks like it just sold - the auction just ended.  Anyone here?

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not me! Hope it sold to someone who won't hide it!

Sam
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Diecast #16608

bojje

• View Profile
Hi.
Yes,I agree, it is an amazing bike. In my opinion it looks too good to not have been restored. Since I already have more than 35 CB750 I decided to sell some so I did not bid on this one. I did not follow it to end so I am curious, how much did it go for?
Kind Regards, Bo from Sweden.