Honda CB750 Sandcast

Double Cut Mudguards/Fenders & #8 Bolts

kp · 9 · 1365

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have this view and maybe it's incorrect, but I believe the double cut repop mudguard/fenders sold by Yamiya are the same as the Vietnam product.
The other item are the #8 bolts sold by Yamiya These are bad and I mean really bad
Anyone got comments.
Yabba Dabba KP

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've never seen a Yamiya Fender, but DO have a Vietnam made double cut fender on my rider sandcast. The things that stand out (on mine) are that the side bead is  inconsistently formed suggesting hand formed, and that the rivets holding the fender to fork lower mounting stay are larger than the original Honda ones. Oh, and the rivets on one side of the fender are further away from the bead than on the other. The front / rear stays  were not used as I had NOS Honda ones (but again appear hand formed). The metal thickness is good (maybe even slightly thicker than original Honda), but the polishing / chrome is not as good as Honda original.  Price obviously much less than Yamiya.  Just my observations against original Honda parts.

Chris R
Chris R.
302/338

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
I bought two of thlose Vietnam fenders: the first came with dings all over, the second one didn´´t fit at all.
Those "8" bolts are poor replica, wrong 8, missind dot, too sharp etc.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

DW69K0

• View Profile
KP,
The double cut front fender from Yamiya is not the same fender as the one I purchased in the past from Motorcycle Seats Direct (Vietnam).  There might be several Vietnam suppliers?
 I have purchased a double cut front fender from both of these two suppliers.  Yamiya 's double cut fender is slightly higher quality, but neither are very good repops of the originals. Yamiya's fender is not bad, but bracket is way off and very thin material. The Yamiya bracket is not even a close replica of Honda originals.
The fender from Motorcycle Seats Direct had issues with the chrome and was really waving and lower quality overall.
Yamiya price is +$1,000 and Motorcycle Seat Direct is +$230 USD (excludes shipping)
I would buy the Vietnam double cut fender for a daily rider before I would spend the money on another Yamiya double cut front fender.  Yamiya needs to do a serious rework on their bracket in my opinion, other s views may differ.
Duane

http://www.motorcycleseatsdirect.com/

OZZYCB

• View Profile
dunno about the yamiya ones but you can spot those vietnam fenders from a mile away,  they have the wrong radius and look like #@%$, the main bracket mount holes are in the wrong spot the stays are just wrong everywhere and nothing actually fits without using levers/blocks and hammers etc , i have one on one of my bikes and regret buying it.. you get what you pay for !!

4pots1969

• View Profile
Anyway, there is no need to buy it to see that it's shit... :( >:(
They also make a support tail light mount and we can see that it's also of poor quality ...
But we all say : After all, maybe than...? But no, it is important not to say that, because like that we do not buy it !!
It is better to buy a front fender of K1, in order to cut it and redo the chrom...
It will not be more authentic, but at least it will be of good quality ... :D ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:43:31 am by 4pots1969 »

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I bought one Eric the Vietnam guy years ago and it was me that instiated him selling 'raw' i.e polished but not chromed.
I had the blade rechromed in the UK and very pleased with it. Really as ChrisR says the beaded outside looks more like hand formed but overall I was very pleased.

Interestingly at the time I bought it , he thought I was a woman as my 1st name is Ashley and that can be a girls name in the USA (Ashley was also the name of the wimp in 'Gone with The Wind') but I digress.  Anyay he got quite chatty with me and told me that he also had a press tool for the double-cut front fender, which was funded by a Japanese based company but he wasn't allowed to sell any  made using the tooling direct. He was also making CB750  4 into 4 exhausts at the time .

atm cycles

• View Profile
Personally I’d rather have the Honda replacement fender with the bead all around. It is the correct replacement part. Tim