Honda CB750 Sandcast

Is this the real thing?

Mick56

• View Profile
Hi from Australia. Just noticed this bike on Ebay and was wondering if it is the real thing?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CB-750-HONDA-68-69-SANDCAST-CLASSIC-VINTAGE-MOTOR-BIKE-HM-300-MUFFLERS.

I am not an owner, but I am interested in the history and story of these bikes. I was taken for a ride on a CB750 in 1969 or 70 by a friend who put a sidecar box on one.
I do have a Kawasaki W1SA from 72, which is pretty original and is one I have looked for for a long time.
Thanks,
Mick.

OZZYCB

• View Profile
absolutely nothing sandcast about it, mostly K1/2 bitsa, the seller is trying his luck looking for a sucker

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
As OZZYCB has already said, absolutely nothing sandcast about that motorcycle. Going by the numbers and if Australian delivered then this bike started life as a 1970 K0. This is an area Tom Courtney is knowledgable with
As stated by OZZYCB, this bike has a bitta this and a bitta that, so it's very hard to say what it really is now. Tank, side covers etc colors are K1 as are many other items
Sandcast it certainly isn't
One point of clarification for your info is the last sandcast "engine" produced was E7414 (not allowing for the French sandcast engines) so the seller got that wrong as he has for a number of his other statements
Yabba Dabba KP

Mick56

• View Profile
Thanks for the replies, I was thinking that it wasn't as represented.

Mick56

• View Profile
Disappeared from Ebay now. Listing not completed or sold. Maybe someone let him know it wasn't what he thought ( or was advertising).