Honda CB750 Sandcast

Bitter sweet find

acruz

• View Profile
About a year and a half ago I saw this ad for a cb750 that was being parted out.  The picture on the ad was that of a ruby red CB750.  It had only one picture and not much information.  The seller was parting it out.  I messaged the seller to see if I can save this bike, however he did not respond.  I saved the ad and for about a year and a half I messaged him probably 20 times asking if it was still available.   The ad had been removed from the website but for some reason I could still view it because I had saved it.  Well long story short, the guy messages me back about 2 months ago and asked if I was interested in the whole bike.  I asked him what he wanted for the bike not knowing that it was a sandcast.   He said what do you have to trade.  I asked him what he was planning to do with the bike and he had told me he was going to remove the engine to place in a golf cart project that he was planning.  I offered him a trade - his CB750 project for a 1982 CB900F engine which he could use instead of the sandcast engine.  He said yes.  So we do the trade and I had the bike delivered to my house while I was on vacation.  When I finally got to see what I had traded for, I was so disappointed to see that the numbers on both the engine and frame had been altered.  The bike however must have been quite early as it had a left sided horn mount, thin lipped alternator cover, 19 liter tank and short petcock.  The bike also had the double cut fender and rear rolled rim.  I was trying to figure out what I should do with this bike.   After much contemplation, I decided to keep the bike and maybe build it out.  I could probably get it running and road worthy.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:48:56 am by acruz »

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You are the king of sandcast finds!

The tank alone is an incredible find!

Congrats.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608