Honda CB750 Sandcast

Listing 28 for Sale

kp · 11 · 1258

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just letting the group know that I'll be listing #28 for sale in the next few days. I decided to paint her in the end and that decision really did make the bike, IMHO. Pretty well stock save for the top end engine overall and paint
I've included a few photos here but there will be numerous with the listing
Cheers KP
Yabba Dabba KP

toycollector10

• View Profile
Gorgeous. As we can't access eBay listings in NZ could you please put up the link here after you list. I can access via a link but not via a search on the site. Many thanks.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep No worries
It starts in a few hours and is listed on US eBay to start
Here are some more photos
Yabba Dabba KP

Sirfun

• View Profile
Wow, what a beauty! Great photos, looks like it sold for $46,301 U.S. Nice! has everything worked out well with the sale?

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Fellas, thanks for the thought. The reserve wasn't met and no sale made on eBay. Really, the only reason one puts a 2 digit bike on eBay is to gain the worldwide coverage. There's no other platform that covers the world better than eBay, unfortunately. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

stsgro

• View Profile
Hi KP, I watched your auction with great interest thinking it would be a bellwether of how the post epidemic values are going. Of course, we sadly aren't post epidemic yet. Either way, what a great bike!

In the USA we have an auction site called Bringatrailer.com They have been having more and more motorcycle auctions. Not sure if they take overseas sellers but the buyers are there for sure. I have sold a car there and plan to list a bike in the near future.

Steven

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the update on that site. Seems here in Oz, the motorcycle trade is doing well I'm told by a fellow who sells lots of machines. There was a scurry of interest after the auction ended and maybe a few are serious. Either way, I have a price I want to get and will see I spose.
Yabba Dabba KP

stsgro

• View Profile
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-honda-cb750-ko-sandcast/

Well, someone put one up. Should be interesting. My limited knowledge of these can spot a lot of minor "inconsistencies".  Would be a great bike to finish to correct though.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The bike for 2000 miles is very inconsistent. Fake airbox side covers and carb to airbox rubbers That is inconsistent with mileage Where are the original exhausts
One interesting thing is that the switch is a no off-on-off type with a pointer switch This is number 4 I've seen on bikes and confirms to me they were a fitting on under 1000 bikes alsolutely. Doubt the mileage is actual but given 50 years on who would really know. Lots of very correct items though.
Keep us informed of final price
Yabba Dabba KP