Honda CB750 Sandcast

Repro #28 Carburettor Caps - Last few sets available up for Auction

vnz00 · 13 · 5955

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi folks, well the project is nearly at completion!

For the last few months I have been looking to recreate the #28 carb caps so many of us were looking for to complete our restorations.

Today I picked up the first of the finished peices. After many sleepless nights, I can say I'm happy with the results. I hope my future customers are too

As soon as I get the final bill, Ill post prices, however please check my photos at this location:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=122776&id=525170702&l=781663f089

Any comments and questions appreciated.

Regards,
Steven V.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:57:19 pm by vnz00 »

Joe K

• View Profile
Steven,

They look really good. I bet you could re-create the sandcast cast if you wanted to also.

Joe K

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi Joe, the company I used for the castings have reproduced car heads and blocks as well, so no doubt that they could indeed reproduce the sandcast cases too. But it was a considerable cost (I think they had a guy on it full time for almost a year to produce the moulds for this one job)....

Im not sure costwise, it would work. To recover costs, I would see a need to produce at least 100 sets of cases, then machining costs too on top of that, which would make the costs of the cases high. For the approx. $1200usd cost of buying a set 2nd hand, I think it would work out a lot cheaper, and of course, original

Thanks for the feedback guys.... a bit of a delay on getting the final bill (this is the one time I want to see a bill!) so I cant firm up prices till tomorrow.

Regards,
Steven.

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi all, I finally got a bill back and can give final pricing. The complete set I offer will be for the cable, the #28 carb caps, the screw on ring, and the brass adjusters and the rubber caps.

I have been asking for $155usd for the cables, $385usd for the rest of the parts, but I can drop the price a little to $525usd total for all the parts.

I will still sell the parts seperately, you can buy as much or as little as you need to complete an incomplete set. Just let me know what you are after and I can work something out for you.

I will be getting original early carb springs made up also if there is interest in them. Just let me know your thoughts.

I appreciate the comments, and please look at my above link to see pictures of the parts.

Steven.

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi Conrad, these were used on the first 17000 CB750's - Sandcasts and K0's so they were used on all Sandcasts.

Thanks for the support. Im just getting shipping costs worked out and will email you with them shortly....

Regards,
Steven.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I received today the set of #28 carb caps, ring nuts, brass adjusters, rubber covers and cable from Steven Vanzetto.

Let me say the quality and faithfulness of the reproduction of these parts is worthy of being on any sandcast motorcycle, restored or rider.  Well worth every penny spent.

What a great job you have done, Steven !  Thank you so very much !

Sincerely,

Steve Swan

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi Steve, glad you liked them and thanks for the kind words.  I received a comment that the pics I have posted up could have been larger.  Here are the finished parts on a set of carbs which will give you all a better idea of the finished result  ;)

Also, the last shot compares my ones to the later set of replacement carb caps, adjusters and retaining rings.  What a difference in sizes!

I have helped out a couple of members now who have needed spare parts to complete their sets.  Im happy to help other members in the same boat...

Regards,
Steven.

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi Folks, at the original time of posting the Australian Dollar was pretty high compared to the US Dollar.  The AUD has since dropped in the last week, so I have dropped prices on my parts a little to reflect this. So:

5mm Cable - $150
Caps, Adjusters & Retaining Ring - $370
Kit - Cable and Caps - $500

Depending on the $ fluctuating, I cant guarantee that the prices will stay lower forever, so if you have been thinking about a set, now is the time  ;)

Regards,
Steven.

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Recessed ignitions are going for over $700.00 now on flea bay.  Any chance at having a crack at our ignitions as reproductions? 

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi guys, well the last few sets of #28 caps are going up for auction on eBay, starting today.
I only have a few of these left and these are the last of them - they were difficult to produce and I wont be doing another run due to the next round of projects I will be undertaking.

Thanks to all members who bought sets - I hope they serve you well and you are happy with how they look on your restorations.

Regards,
Steven

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200632189907&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Christoph

• View Profile
Hi guys,
I also got that from Steve, and all super top, but still needs to block this.
greeting
Christoph

Marcello Tha

• View Profile
Dear Steve Vanzetto;

Could we expect the return of the repro # 28 caps production?

Marcello