Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast Chassis: CB750-1000682 Engine: CB750E-1001196

DW69K0

• View Profile
Wow, a rare built in California Sandcast  with a 10 hole clutch cover not the 11 hole clutch type (very  rare).
The seller needs to spend some time on the SOOC site to better understand the details of this Sandcast  ::)
Claims to have 2k original miles, take a look,  Lots of questions arise with the claimed miles.
DW

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I posted this under the same topic in general discussion. Large spread frame and engine numbers too  ;)
The bike for 2000 miles is very inconsistent. Fake airbox side covers and carb to airbox rubbers That is inconsistent with mileage Where are the original exhausts
One interesting thing is that the switch is a no off-on-off type with a pointer switch This is number 4 I've seen on bikes and confirms to me they were a fitting on under 1000 bikes alsolutely. Doubt the mileage is actual but given 50 years on who would really know. Lots of very correct items though.
Keep us informed of final price
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sold. 15,250.00. I find the wording on this auction creative to say the least. I guess it could lead someone believe there was less than 2 K miles on this bike. As KP has pointed out, if that’s the case, why so many non original parts? I think the answer lies in looking at the speedo itself and the wording. “A  five digit odometer showing under 2 K miles”. To me it’s clear the speedo is a replacement or rebuilt and is probably the only thing on the bike that has under 2 K miles on it.  ;)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 07:59:39 pm by Wayne »
[size=

DW69K0

• View Profile
I studied the photos and never saw a clear picture of the speedo drive gear, I found it odd that the  seller omitted this angle. The speedo is the key to help authenticate the mileage of the bike.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Overall, I think the buyer has done extremely well. I like the sellers take on the seat. It’s collapsed cos of the red foam but somebody has to make up a story about it being flat
Yabba Dabba KP