Honda CB750 Sandcast

New member intro

Retrogrouch

• View Profile
Hello all. I’ve got a weird one here. Been eyeing a Honda in my neighbor’s yard for awhile. I inquired and bought it cheap and literally pulled it out of the weeds. Got it home and figured out it was a CB750 with a vin 10009075 from 10/69. Side covers and tank are a strange color (almost black or really dark brown) and emblem looks later. Neighbor says he is original owner and got it from factory all original. Engine stamp is 2702224, there is a blemish between the E- first number, but it looks to be a 2. Thought I had missed the sandcast by a month but it does have a 10 hole clutch cover. I’m looking forward to rebuilding bike as original as possible and getting expert opinion from everyone here. Thanks, Steve

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Steve!

Welcome!

Congrats on the find! I think you neighbor's memory is a little off. The frame is indeed about a month off the sandcasts. Cool! The engine is clearly a replacement. Based on the number, it checks out as a 1977 engine. As you may know, it was common for chains to snap and puncture a hole in the engine cases. Many people just went to junkyard and found a replacement!

Post some pics so we can learn more about the bike!
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Wellcome and congrats for th early K0!
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)