Honda CB750 Sandcast

Recessed Switches

kp · 7 · 883

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It just had to happen. The recessed switch is now being reproduced and they are very very good copies. Photos attached
I have a friend in Japan who gave me one of these early prototype recessed switches and let me say they are good.
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
It just had to happen. The recessed switch is now being reproduced and they are very very good copies. Photos attached
I have a friend in Japan who gave me one of these early prototype recessed switches and let me say they are good.

VERY NICE !  Thanks for sharing!

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks Mr Swan. I'm a sharing person  ;D
Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting the use of these, I just posted for interest and to say what I've seen ie: they have been done very well. They're still expensive but really, like K0 seats, some of the genuine stuff up for sale is just passable and most is not up to a high standard needed for a good restoration. I understand (not confirmed) these are genuine later switches with the chromed section replaced.
Like any good repop, they're generally not cheap. A good example is the Yamiya red sponge seat
Yabba Dabba KP

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
KP, who is selling these?
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not sure. They appear on Yahoo now and then and I've seen a half dozen or so. When in Japan last, a friend gave me one of these as a gift although it had a flaw in the number stamping. Cos I canna go to Japan this year due to the China virus, more info isn't available on the very industrious craftsperson/s

Forgot to say they sell for around $600 to $800 and generally cost more than the used ones
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 04:55:16 pm by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

stsgro

• View Profile
Anyone have one to sell? New or used. One of the few things I need to make my bike right.

Steven

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sold for close to $500. I've seen these go for around $700 but prices in Japan and Europe tend to be lots higher than other places.
Yabba Dabba KP