Honda CB750 Sandcast

Tank badge attachment

BobAndren

• View Profile
Hello Folks,  There is light now at the end of the tunnel with my restoration.  The other day, I completed the the rewiring and hooked up a battery to test the various components.  Amazingly, everything worked perfectly - headlight, tail light, blinkers, warning lights, horn, etc.  Very satisfying!  So now I'm preparing the new gas tank, bought from Yamiya.  It's beautiful.  I unwrapped my new badges and the pins lined up perfectly with the holes in those "straps" which are part of the tank sides.  The parts book shows that some type of speed nut goes onto the pins, but I don't see how.  Do those "straps come off.  Are their some screws there hidden by the paint?  Or am I supposed to epoxy/glue or use 3M double sided trim tape to hold the badges on?  Bob Andren
Bob Andren

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There are female inserts that press into those strap holes Available through Honda or Yamiya. The tank badge pins then press into those inserts. Find a used tank and you can remove the inserts
Check your parts book for the diagram and part number or go to Yamiya website
Yabba Dabba KP

DW69K0

• View Profile
https://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_251_182_80&products_id=1403

Here is the link to Yamiya's WebSite for purchase of the emblem atachment nut. Diagram shows installation placement.

Best,
Duane