Honda CB750 Sandcast

Hello from Wisco

km125

• View Profile
Hello all

I've been a member for a bit before finding my sandcast earlier this year.  I thought it's time to share how I found my sandcast. 

I saw an ad for a brown 1972 CB750 on a Sunday afternoon after spending the morning outside tending to the yard on a unusually warm Wisconsin spring day.  I scrolled the pictures and saw a red K0 listed as well.  No close up pictures of either bike.  I called but expected both bikes to be sold since the ad was listed 3 hours earlier.  No answer.  I called 3 or 4 more times over the next several hours - no answers.  Sent a several text messages - no replies.  Forwarded the number to a friend and asked him to reach out.  Nothing.  I tried calling one more time and it went straight into voicemail so I figured the seller was flooded with calls, turned off his phone and the bikes were sold.  I went on to pick up a red 1965 C100 from a friend of a coworker.  Got it back and unloaded at my shop.  Got in the car to go home.  It was then I got the call.  Seller said someone backed out at the last minute.   It was 7pm so I told him I will meet him the next day with to buy both.

It wasn't until I was on the road that I began to think about the odds of the K0 being a sandcast.  I even thought about how awesome it would be if was 1021 - my first daughter's birthday.  Three hours later I arrived at the shed and it started raining as I went to greet the seller - rain can be a good omen :)

We made some small talk and he opened up the door.  I saw it and my heart started going.  I first noticed the double cut front fender.  I walked over and looked at the VIN tag - no number or date.  I went o check the left side of the column for the frame number.  I noticed the left side horn.  Then I glanced down to look at the engine number.  My heart is racing a million miles an hour.  His phone was going off constantly as we continue to make small talk and negotiate.  I didn't want to push my luck.  We agreed on a dollar a cc.

It is mostly complete less the airbox, exhaust, and 28 caps.  I've recently acquired a complete early diecast (79xx) that has the no-stamp exhaust and airbox.  Looking for a set of 28 caps - I do have a lead on a set. 

I hope I didn't bore you with the story of how I came to be the proud owner of F836 E1094.  It is patiently waiting for its turn on the lift as I have too many projects.
Tuan NT
F836 E1094

42barab

• View Profile
Not boring.  It’s an experience I’d like to have.

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The thrill of the find. Thanks for sharing!
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

acruz

• View Profile
Hi Tuan!  Nice to see you on the sandcast forum.  Great find and what a deal on both bikes!
Arnold