Honda CB750 Sandcast

correct carbs for a diecast k0 engine #17XXX

the-oz-slider

• View Profile
Hi all, Merry Christmas and Im hoping that 2021 is better for everyone.......
I have my damaged engine cases back from the repair shop and the work done to fix the badly damaged gear box rear is exceptional and once its painted it will be undetectable.
With that being said the frame and bits are out being painted and my son wants to try out his fancy new ultrasonic cleaner and he wants to rebuild my carbs. Sooo, what are the correct carbs for this bike??? It was purchased with gantry carbs but given all the other 'fixes' perpetrated on this bike I take nothing for granted. Ive always believed that the gantry carbs were used from late 1969 onwards but that muddies the waters somewhat as the build date in November 1969 but the engine number is 17XXX.
I own two sets of gantry carbs and two sets of four-cable carbs so we can clean and install whichever one is more correct.
Any thoughts please?
Thanks, and be careful out there......
Al
Al

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I've never heard the name "gantry carbs" but regardless the 4 cable set up is correct up until the end of K0 production (around Frame 46xxx and well into 1970), at least in the US/Canada
Yabba Dabba KP

the-oz-slider

• View Profile
excellent thanks, so this bike at some point in time had incorrect carbs fitted. In any event Ill put the four cable carbs on it.
Ive always known the single cable carbs to be called gantry carbs, didnt know there was any other name for them :)
Al

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It's an apt name for them They would probably have been replaced the 4 cable with push/pull cable as they were way easier with tuning maintenance. Most restored bikes see little riding so the 4 pull are again in favour
Yabba Dabba KP