Honda CB750 Sandcast

SOOC Official Facebook Group?

Wayne · 15 · 1449

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Do you think we need a SOOC official Facebook group? I think this site and BB are way under-utilized and they contain some of the best sandcast KO information on the internet. I passed a lot of information off to Sam and believe me, I know how daunting the task is to put it into some semblance of order for both the novice and experts amongst us.

I know in my line of work our business had to evolve as other platforms came on the scene. Most these days use web sites, Twitter, Facebook, the list goes on. I just hate seeing the group die a slow death simply because we’re not willing to take a shot at augmenting the brand through a different platform. Thoughts?
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Ferenz62

• View Profile
Tom from Germany,
even I have no sandcast, maybe one time... I regularely take a look at this great forum. As I collect and repair other nice Honda bikes as I have a RC30, many of my informations, help, parts are comimg from Facebook RC30 groups. I think it is a very good idea to put SOOC on FB. Tom from Germany.

acruz

• View Profile
Actually there is a facebook page already dedicated to the CB750 sandcast and K0.  But, if you want, you can also create a sandcast ONLY facebook page where it will only allow sandcast related postings.  Facebook can be a good platform for realtime discussions and conversations. 

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes Arnold. I’m aware of that group. Like I said THIS site contains some of the most comprehensive sandcast KO information out there. We’ve been around a long time. I think I took the reigns over from Steve Swan in 2010. I think it’s just time to branch out and utilize another platform to augment what we built here. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 12:30:14 pm by Wayne »
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Didn’t get much feedback so I went ahead and created the group. Feel free to sign up! Sam, perhaps you could add a “follow us on Facebook” button and link on the index page of the web site?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/604753300689518/?ref=share
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 08:37:26 am by Wayne »
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Seems to be the norm in recent years. You ask for opinions, input, comments or whatever and get little in return. Last count 97 views and 3 responses to your post Wayne. Yes this is the only good source for information on the Sandcast model, and I will repeat, only good source. I read on another site a day or two ago where a sandcast owner posted a GENUINE sandcast for sale; then for some ignorant troll to claim it was a fake frame number  ::). Very few came to the sellers defence, even some of the claimed experts of the group were post absent. Congratulations to the few who did.
A facebook forum as a part of this site is long overdue, even though I'm not a fan of facebook
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks KP. I sincerely hope those that use FB join the group. I’ve already added a couple of post on things we get a lot of inquiry’s on. More to come I’m sure as people join.

[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Seems to be the norm in recent years. You ask for opinions, input, comments or whatever and get little in return. Last count 97 views and 3 responses to your post Wayne. Yes this is the only good source for information on the Sandcast model, and I will repeat, only good source. I read on another site a day or two ago where a sandcast owner posted a GENUINE sandcast for sale; then for some ignorant troll to claim it was a fake frame number  ::). Very few came to the sellers defence, even some of the claimed experts of the group were post absent. Congratulations to the few who did.
A facebook forum as a part of this site is long overdue, even though I'm not a fan of facebook

Apparently we live in an era where there are more takers than givers seeking more immediate gratification.   I use facebook for my other motorcycle interests; it does get the word out there quick to a bunch of people all at the same time and is helpful with finding a part, helping and meeting people who don't use forums.  Facebook also has its limitations and isn't that great as a repository for information.   However, KP and i have had many lively convo's using email the past 20 years, those convo's just don't go to a community.  At least this site has always managed to discourage keyboard commando's who crave attention, want something they don't have, to sell something or ask what's it worth.  That type of ilk is readily seen on the facebook you refer to Wayne, so it's more entertainment than anything else.  This website helps most those who have passion for the sandcast; others don't need the information.  i see no point in catering  to or pandering the information on this site to the masses.  I know there's always been a push to be more inclusive, i even gave in to including K0 bikes. This site was started specifically to learn about things sandcast only.  In those times there were those who liked to keep what they knew secret and nearly all but one (Vic World) didn't know that much.  I don't know why this site needs the attention or should go looking for it.  7414+ sandcasts is a tiny niche in the motorcycle world, so it's understandable there's not much action happening here and why really care who doesn't post here...?  There's a number of individuals who have participated here, some have called themselves "members" and have gone over to the facebook thing for whatever their reasoning.   They know who they are, so fu#k 'em.  I suppose a sandcastonly facebook could perhaps lure people to the sandcast site, but to what avail?  For people who like to yakkity-yak >>> go facebook.  For people who still have the passion, keep it here.  i still have passion for the sandcast, i've put my energies elsewhere and still am no good at website stuff or at least this platform and busy restoring bikes we don't talk about here.  Is Sam still actively involved?

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thanks KP. I sincerely hope those that use FB join the group. I’ve already added a couple of post on things we get a lot of inquiry’s on. More to come I’m sure as people join.

Wayne, this might be a good way to lure prospects into the site and forum.  Maybe everything in the site should be downloaded and saved, sh#tcan StartLogic and start anew...  is Sam involved?

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I am not a Facebook user. And I use to work for Facebook. Does that say anything?  :o

I have no problem with a group there of course. My suspicion is that this site will evolve into an information resource and away from a conversation destination. Frankly, that is already happening. Our numbers are very low for people posting and decent for people reading.

Again, thats fine with me! The bikes speak for themselves. I just make sure the info is available for fellow lunatics!  ;D
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey Arnold Cruz, did I just see a look-alike facebook "The SOOC" group started by you. Am I missing something here as the site seems to have miraculously disappeared. What gives Arnold?
Yabba Dabba KP

acruz

• View Profile
Hi KP. I was actual trying to save the Facebook Page for this site.  I was not aware that Wayne had already created one. I was trying to be proactive as member of this site because I wanted to get more traffic to this site through Facebook,  but I have only been treated like I'm trying to steal something.  I assure you I am not trying to steal anything.  My intentions are pure.  The information in this site is invaluable as well as the bikes we all cherish.   I appreciate this site and have been a member here for some time.   I already deleted the facebook page because Wayne contacted me through facebook and said he created one already.  Sorry if this caused you guys any stress.  Not my intentions.   I am hoping this new Facebook page Wayne created will get more traffic to the SOOC site.  My intentions is to help grow this hobby of collecting and restoring sandcasts.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 09:49:22 am by acruz »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ah, I understand now and great to hear the support.
I'm not a facebook person as there are too many trolls on most sites who criticise and spread misinformation. The SOOC as I see it is not about displacing or taking over from the Sandcast Diecast group. I have never posted on that site, but read it regularly. However the activity on the SOOC's BB and website is waning and there is a need to do something pro-active to keep the repository of valuable, and above all, correct information alive. I certainly don't think we need another chat site and Don Beckly's action to limit the other site to just K0 (both sandcast and diecast) was a very very positive step IMHO. When I go to an Indian Restaurant I don't want to see Italian cuisine on the menu.
Information on the sandcast has been an evolution in the last 20 years and the information amassed is nothing short of amazing. Man: I said stuff 20 years ago that turned out to be absolute crap but then that's the journey.  I want to make sure misinformation is not peddled and that the SOOC serves as a link to this site.
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
www.cb750sandcastonly.com is perfect the way it is.  There's no bullshit artists here nor people who need to get a life.  The site was intended for the sandcast CB750's only and that's the way it should remain.  It is expected that with only 7,414 vin numbers *AND* the French sandcasts does make for a very small population where only so much new information will be discovered and further analysis can occur, and as such, these activities decrease with each passing year.  Anyone who thinks www.cb750sandcastonly.com is not inclusive has made an accurate observation.  Those disgruntled need have the gumption to start their own site that caters to their personal interest and  quit being crybabies.  This site is devoted to learning as much as we can about sandcast machines and preservation thereof.  It is an invaluable resource and most who come here because they don't know and benefit from it as such.  i suggest quit whining about lack of participation and be grateful we have something no one else provides and we enjoy it at almost no cost.  I really don't care to have a consortium of jackasses posting stuff here like I've read the 3 times i was on sandcast facebook site.  If the facebook site Wayne graciously  formed attracts one active member, that's great.  If not, that's ok too. The forum has existed 17 years, when one googles "sandcast" the forum shows 5th in line.  When one googles "sandcast honda" the forum is at the top.  So it's not that the forum and website are obscure.  it's because some people use the site for their own selfish interests and other people use the site to benefit others and themselves.  Live and let live.