Honda CB750 Sandcast

New CB owner.....bike sat in carport for over 40 years in Pa.

Joe1028

• View Profile
An older fellow who I knew had the bike two blocks from Parents home..I moved away for 40 years and on return ran into him and he still had it. And he was ready to sell to me at a fair price...3 hrs work and back to working good.
But some hardware is a mess so would like to find guys willing to sell old take off parts .
 Joe
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 10:29:38 pm by Joe1028 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome Joe, Nice original one is good I'm thinking that frame number would be somewhere between 3000 and 5500 Cheers KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Joe1028

• View Profile
Hi Kp,
 I have a few plans for bike, first accomplished;
Cleaned and set carbs, visual sync, set valves and cam chain, replaced plugs and bad caps, trimmed H.T. lead ends (corroded copper wire) removed AAU and Tightened slacked springs and lubricated all.
Dressed points and set static and dynamic with light.
Set carb idle but still need to put on vac gauges.
Sealed leaking alternator grommets and took clutch apart to clean and surface all.
Repaired bad wire at front brake light pressure switch, rebuilt master cylinder and caliper, put axle caps on correctly. Checked charging, gearbox , clutch and rode to see how it went down the road. All good and no noise or smoke at this time..so I did not do a compression test or leakdown .once I decide to do a full engine rebuild I will do them. I imagine it will get better with valves and rings seating past any corrosion on valves /seats and or bores.

I would like to buy some decent take of items to make it look better as the corrosion on this bike was fairly bad from it being outside under a carport. If anyone can help or point me to someone who has done a restoration lately I would appreciate it..i also want to repair cracked plastic and clean hardware and seal it temporarily so it will not rust since some items have no zinc plating on them...that is why I hope a few guys can help with decent take off parts .
  Once I have my new shop set up in our new home I will complete a full ground up. At this time I will buy parts I know I need .
F6087
E6131
Is there a section for S/N registry??
Thanks again Joe

Don R

• View Profile
 Used take-off parts will be scarce and expensive, as is restoring your original ones. Keep anything original that you replace in case later you discover differences. The odds of finding nice used parts are becoming less and less although as you've discovered the bikes are still out there.
 Your late number sandcast will share more correct parts with a diecast or other 1970 than a very low number bike will. Part of the fun is learning the differences.