Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast owner, I think

Jrluggs

• View Profile
Hello. I am new to this site. I found the site while searching for info. I believe I have a early sandcasted CB750. I am hoping some of the more knowledgeable members can assist me in determining for sure if this is what I have. A little back story on the bike. My father passed away when I was 4 years old. (45 years ago) This bike was held onto through out the years. It was stored at various family members homes throughout the years. When I ultimately got the bike from my grandfather when he passed. The bike was placed at a cousins house and stored in an outdoor shed. It was basically forgotten about until this cousin was moving and called me to see if I wanted to come dig it out. I have it with me now. It’s in bad shape. At this point I was planning to restore it just for sentimental reasons. I had no idea about this sand casting run on these bikes. Anyhow. I started to do some research and think I have an early run on the castings. If anyone would like to give me some tips. A little direction as to what I should look for to positively identify it I would really appreciate the help. Here is the serial number on the block. CB750F-1000299. Anyhow. I’ll be reading through info on the site to see what other areas I might look. I look forward to hearing from you all here if you choose to discuss with me. Thanks in advance.

Dan

BenelliSEI

• View Profile
Dan..... Check again. The engine number should start with cb750E-1000XXX.

Frame number is stamped. on the LHS of the headstock tube.
John D.

acruz

• View Profile
Dan, Can you please post a picture of the frame and engine numbers as well as the whole bike? The engine number you posted is probably and "E" and not an "F".  Sometimes the stamp becomes a little faded.  The true test for a Sandcast engine is a 9 bolt clutch cover. 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 10:15:54 pm by acruz »