Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast Prices

kp · 3 · 1661

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Fellas, My thoughts on the recent auctions of low VIN sandcasts indicates,to me at least, they are not worth what some think they are  :o. VIN 335 is a classic example. I thought this was a very original example of a low VIN bike but it only reached $13,600 at auction  :P. This bike was indeed a very original example of a 40 year old bike, had a sub 500 VIN and was, for all intents, a relatively unmolested example of the marque. But it still didn't crack the the big bucks  :-\.
Whoa! We then have VIN 122 on the blocks and it doesn't reach reserve at bids of $20k+. Hmmmmm! It was mot nearly to the standard of 335 (wash my mouth out) and had a lot of issues and for my money, 335 was a way better bike. If you are going to spend $20K+ on a bike and a low VIN is your poison, save your bucks and wait for the 2 digit VIN to appear and go for it. VIN 100 to VIN 350 maybe less than a weeks production difference and any suggestion there are major differences is pure conjecture.
I may well be totally off target so I would appreciate the thoughts of others on the relative values of these machines ;D KP
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:20:35 pm by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

Joe K

• View Profile
Hello KP,

It is hard to figure these things out.  I think the economy is the biggest culprit of why the bikes are not getting as much as they should. 

Many other factors may take place, such as:

1.  Location of the bike in relation to who wants to buy it.
2.  The bidders at the time of the auction.
3.  How it was listed (key words: sandcast ko k0 69) on Ebay in the subject line.
4.  Just plain luck or lack of.

Just my thoughts,
Joe K.