Honda CB750 Sandcast

SC vs K0 Carburetor Distinction Question

kmb69 · 2 · 1316

kmb69

• View Profile
I am looking to buy some NOS carb bodies. Besides the vents, horizontal vs L shaped, are there other known distinctions? I can see some casting differences in 3 #1 carbs particularly in the area where the float bowl retainer clip attaches to the body. On 1 body, there is only the boss where the clip attaches. On another, there is an extra boss with no hole toward the front. On yet another, there are 2 extra bosses without holes, 1 in front and 1 in back of the attachment boss. I cannot find any casting numbers and am unable to get pictures unless I buy them. Were there different bodies on the SC's? Does anyone know which version is correct for the SC?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments, Keith

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The answer is yes there are differences including the locating pin for the slide, drain plug location and float bowl shape to name a few. Be aware that the bodise sometimes look similar but the slide diameter can be different. Without having 2 sets side by side I cannot remember all the little differences. There would be other members on here that can probably recite them off the top of their head. We would also need to know what VIN your bike is as there were 3 different carb sets fitted to Sandcast bikes
Maybe a good project to include in the technical section. Any takers KP
Yabba Dabba KP