Honda CB750 Sandcast

cb750 sandcast find

motorlou

• View Profile
hi my name is Lou and i live in riverside ca. i chop bikes for a living and recently found a cb750 i wanted to use as a donor. i decided to do alittle research before begining and found that i had something that would possibly be worth someone's time to restore. the bike is a 1969 cb750 k0 model frame vin cb750-1004383. the engine is not a true sandcast as it has the diecast replica of the sandcast cases. it doesn't have the engine # stamped on the cases. the engine has the 9 bolt clutch cover and the 10 bolt tranny cover on the bottom. i took some time to wash the bike the other day and was amazed to see how clean this bike was for it's age. i believe the elderly couple i got the bike from were the original owners and they told me the bike hadn't been ridden since the 70's. the bike suffered from a broken camshaft which damaged one of the cam holders and that is why the bike was put up. the #1 and #4 cyl. are currently stuck in the TDC position. i am soaking them in pb blaster and that may change. i would like to offer the bike here for parts or as a whole to someone that would like to preserve this vs. me trying to fix it and then chop it. you will see that the bike is in very nice condition. i have the bike on ebay right now for a very low reserve if that doesn't fall through then i will take offers on the bike from member's here first then proceed to part it out on ebay. you can see my listing at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CB-honda-cb750-k0-sandcast-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255cf82cdcQQitemZ160473558236QQptZUSQ5fmotorcycles

here is the link to the pics i took of the bike disassembled from the head.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v307/motolou/cb750%20sandcast/

if you would like to contact me about the bike you can do so at Lou0973@sbcglobal.net . hopefully someone better qualified than me will be able to pick this up and give the bike the trewatment it truly deserves. thanks in advance, Lou