Honda CB750 Sandcast

New guy looking for answers

xtremetr6r

• View Profile
I picked up a Honda CB750 that was going to take to the dump.  It's frame vin plate showed it was a 72 model(ho-hum).
BUT, as I cleaned the leaves and dirt from it I got to the engine.  It's vin is CB750E 1005288.  Would this not be a 69 sandcast?
It had no carbs and some non stock side covers on the kicker side.  But shows no case damage that I have found yet.

Who has some answers?  If it is a sandy, it needs to find a frame in the 5xxx range.

Oh.  About me.  I'm an avid cyclist since 1976 when I acquired my first bike.  A CB350.  Since, I have run the gambit in bikes.  Currently into British junk.  I'm big into anything vintage.  And have had this fantasy of owning a sandcast 750.  Now, if this is an authentic sandcast case, I'm either on the lookout for a frame to start another project.  Or more sensibly hoping to find someone more in the know with access to what it would take to get this back to life. I already have way to many projects going on now.

I'll be at Barber this weekend.  And will be spending some time in the Honda area for sure.

1941wld

• View Profile
You have a sandcast. I will be at Barber. I will be at VJMC at 8:00 am to 10:00 and then at my booth. Come by and take a look at my sandy 3604. I can help you with your question. I'm in the vendor spot at D11. Best regards, 1941wld
Conrad

xtremetr6r

• View Profile
Thanks for responses.  Conrad,  I'll try and find you at VJMC.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:58:14 pm by xtremetr6r »