Honda CB750 Sandcast

Is this a Sandcast horn?

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
    • Buy High Quality CB750 gauge parts online!
I took this horn from a 1971 K1 I bought a couple of weeks ago. As this has a grey body, I am wondering whether this is a sandcast horn or not. It used to mounted on the right side, but the mounting bracket can be turn to make it a left side horn. Who knows?

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
Hi guys,

please would someone advice whether this is a early sandcast horn or not?

thanks

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The answer to your question is no it it not a sandcast horn. But having said that what makes a sandcast horn. The only real difference is the chrome cover on the front. The sandcast drain hole is located in a different position. You can modify the cover, or find a cover that suits as there were other models that had the same cover as the early sandcast.
Another tell tale is that ALL early horns had the lettering/numbering on the rear case stamped (literally) into the plastic. Later horns had the stamping done with ink. Now there is a bit of trivia for yus'all  ;D KP
Yabba Dabba KP

CB750faces.com (Lecram)

• View Profile
I am impressed by your knowledge of details, Kerry.

If anyone wants this horn, please let me know what's worth it for you and I am sure we will agree (I do not need to get many bucks for it).

(did you already receive your face plates, Kerry? A countryman of yours received it this Monday)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I am impressed by your knowledge of details, Kerry.

If anyone wants this horn, please let me know what's worth it for you and I am sure we will agree (I do not need to get many bucks for it).

(did you already receive your face plates, Kerry? A countryman of yours received it this Monday)

Marcel, All of us know bits and pieces and the collective of that knowledge adds up to a pretty good knowledge base for all to share. But I must defer to Chris Rushton being the one with most knowledge on the subject of Sandcasts. Obviously Vic World is another in that league
No covers yet but I'm sure they will arrive shortly
Cheers KP
Yabba Dabba KP