Honda CB750 Sandcast

New in Cleveland

Badwolf · 12 · 3103

Badwolf

• View Profile
I'll preface as saying I don't own a Sandcast. I own an early VIN "K0" model with a wrinkle tank, Recessed key , Louvered side panels and some other sandcast nuances. The reason i came to this forum was to get some tips on restoring the exhaust or purchasing a new one . Also i had found somewhere an English company that repops side covers and airboxes anyone know the name of that company ? Cheers i look forward to conversing with you all

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome Badwolf. I'm sure you will find everything you are looking for and more from the folks here. They're a great bunch and very knowledgeable.
[size=

markb

• View Profile
Besides my sandcasts I have a K0.  There is nothing wrong with that.  I learned a lot about sandcasts from working on it.  The company you're looking for is probably LPM.  I've used their side covers and airboxes.  Here's a link to their ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/L-P-M-Plastic-Motorcycle-Parts
For other replica parts like exhaust you can check out Yamiya:
http://yamiya750e.com/
Welcome aboard,
Mark
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Badwolf

• View Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome. I had originally bought this bike to Cafe out because the price was right but once i realized how complete and in good a shape it was in i decided it deserved a restoration instead of being chopped up. Im just finding all the small things weird. The carb stay was cracked in half and took me a while to find one that was correct for this model carb rack. The exhaust are my next project. The previous owner cracked the side panels while showing me the bike  >:(.

1941wld

• View Profile
I'd get the air box from LMC.

But I'd get the side covers from Yamiya.

Donzie and I have had bad warpage on the side covers from LMC.

markb

• View Profile
Do you mean LPM?  I'd agree with that.  I've used both side covers and the Yamiya's are better but they are more expensive too.  The other nice thing about the Yamiya's is that they have the badge holes in them, the LPM's don't.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I agree the LPM airbox is good but note that it is slightly narrower than the original. Also be sure to get your painter to prep it for painting, as mine bubbled badly due to lack of prep.

Cheers

AshD

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

cb7504

• View Profile
Badwolf:
           Welcome an enjoy the web site. Marty K. 

Badwolf

• View Profile
My names James. I appreciate all the feed back. You guys into any other bikes . Ive got some vintage 2 stroke Suzukis and a CB400F . And i collect and restore vintage Italian motor Scooters.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Always into other bikes here James. Have been since I was 16 and purchased my first bike, a Yamaha RD350. What a first bike! I'm lucky to have lived through it. I have aged a bit since and currently own my #576 sandcast, a customized 06 HD Super Glide and a 66 Triumph T120 custom I am building. When I get through with these I just happen to know where there are 2 Widow Makers under an inch of dust. One of those might be a fun project unless of course I find another sandcast. I'm thinking there must be a single digit bike somewhere here in Canada!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:46:02 pm by Wayne »
[size=