Honda CB750 Sandcast

Las Vegas Auction

kp · 13 · 3353

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

myhondas

• View Profile
Actually, the one that really go my attention was the Suzuki RE-5 Rotory in mint condition. God I'd love to have that one....

ray

markb

• View Profile
No sandies or K0's though.  That might have been interesting.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

1941wld

• View Profile
Steve, the more you learn about a Harley the more you will like your sandcast.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve, the more you learn about a Harley the more you will like your sandcast.

lol
[size=

myhondas

• View Profile
Aaahhhhh    H D........The most efficient method of wasting expensive gasoline to make noise without the harmful side-effects of horsepower or speed.    Never have to worry about anyone stealing it. If they are dumb enough and do though....you can just follow the tiny droplets of oil to where they took it. ;D

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I'm 59 2day and just bought the 69th motorcycle in my lifetime  8)

My Dad owned to JD's when he was in his 20's.  He bought new a 27 that he wore out on a delivery route and he then bought a 29, he could not keep and had to return to the dealer because of the Great Depression setting in.

In the 70's, i used to be very biased (prejudiced) to anything but Indians and British bikes.  I've come to believe celebrating anything on 2 wheels is the best for the sport, as the sport is always under fire from state and federal legislation.  The only thing i don't like is loud pipes.  They create prejudice and are not good for the welfare of our sport.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Aaahhhhh    H D........The most efficient method of wasting expensive gasoline to make noise without the harmful side-effects of horsepower or speed.    Never have to worry about anyone stealing it. If they are dumb enough and do though....you can just follow the tiny droplets of oil to where they took it. ;D

ahhh, the ignorant and misinformed. I guess they help make the world go round....in some mysterious way  ;)
[size=

myhondas

• View Profile

ahhh, the ignorant and misinformed. I guess they help make the world go round....in some mysterious way  ;)

No...not really.....had one.....not my cup of tea...... Like the sticker said...."If I wanted one, I'd have one. I don't, so I don't!"  Never been impressed by HD.  Very Old ones like steve wants is Ok by me....Stuff they sold in the late 60's and 70's was pure crap. Stuff they are selling today is much better but WAY WAY overpriced and the only real new technology is in all the accessories on them. Of course, I can't say much for Honda these days either. The only real cool stuff they have come out with lately was the FURY which was 10 years too late and the new VRF1200 which is a super engine on a not so super bike frame. ;)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm just funnin' with you Ray. To each his own. I have had lots of bikes over my ... geez I hate to say it, 53 years. Right now my addiction is HD. I have had them in the past but none compare to the current generation of HD bikes. My current bike, an 06 Dyna has been a great bike. I even did the ButtBurner Gold on it to Florida a couple of years ago. 1500 miles in 23 hours and 40 minutes. Never missed a beat and they only thing sore on me was my hands. I think next time I try that foolishness I'll buy a Street Glide.  :)

Must be a bad engine. Almost 50K and no oil under it.  ;)
Sorry Steve it's a bit loud but I go easy inside city limits.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:56:51 pm by Wayne »
[size=

Mad Matt

• View Profile
    • Mad Matts Garage
Just got back from the Las Vegas Auction.  I have been to it the last 3 years.  Bought my CBX there 2 years ago.   There are more British bikes than anything, but the Japanese bikes seem to do very well there and that segment of the market is getting stronger right now.  Last year there was a K0 750 that was really junked up and fetched $5750.  People tend to over pay, it's a better place to sell than buy IMHO, but sometimes a deal can be had, I only paid $3500 for my CBX, but it wasn't running at the time and probably was a fair price for it.

Matt