Honda CB750 Sandcast

WTB - 90152-300-010 Bolt A Engine Hanger & "8" Bolts

Wayne · 7 · 3014

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Going through my hard parts getting ready to send for zinc. My front hanger (hanger bolt A) is badly corroded. Part is discontinued, no luck on Ebay, Yamiya etc. Need one soon so I can send my parts out to the platers for zinc. If you have one to spare let me know your price.

Going through my "8" bolts as well. For sure I need a 6x16, a 6x50 and perhaps a couple of more. I'll know better once I try and brush them up. Thanks.  :)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 01:44:17 pm by Wayne »
[size=

markb

• View Profile
That bolt off #97 was real bad too and I was pretty sure I checked Yamiya and they had it (checked now and you're right, it's not listed).  Then when I got 1553 I figured I would just use the bolt off it so I didn't pursue it.  I have seen before that parts that were there were gone for a while and then back.  I think they may not list them while they're out of stock.  I would keep checking their site.  I haven't decided (and may not until 97 is done) if I'm going to put 1553 back together or not.  If not I'd have plenty of spare fasteners but if I do I'll probably come up short.  Yamiya does have set of 8 bolts but it's a little spendy to buy the whole set to get the few you'd need.
http://www.yamiya750e.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40_114&products_id=129
And they don't list the sizes you need but you could always cut them down and replate them to get what you need.  For what it's worth.
Mark B
1969 CB750 sandcast #97 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1969 CB750 sandcaxt #576 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1553 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #1990 - Sold
1969 CB750 sandcast #5383 restored - Sold Restoration thread link
1970 CB750 K0 restored - Sold
2010 H-D Tri Glide Ultra Classic (Huh?)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks Mark. I had considered buying a batch of "8" bolts and will if I have to. The real show stopper right now is the engine hanger. I didn't realize it was so corroded until I cleaned it to put with the rest of the stuff to be plated. Perhaps worst case scenario is to have one made. Might be pricey though as the machine shop I use has a minimum fee to set up a job.
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
OK, went through my bolts and most are good. Here's a list of what I need so I can send my stuff out for zinc. If you have anything it would be much appreciated.  :)

1 - 6 x 50 mm (lower engine case)
1- 6 x 16 mm
2 - 6 x 40 mm
1 - 8 x 57.5 mm (dot over "8")

[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Wayne, i looked through my stuff again, all i have is 8x40 (new Yamiya) and one early 8x50.  Thought i had one, but.......  i do not.

I thought i had the 90152-300-010 Bolt A Engine Hanger, but the bolt i have is the shorter, upper rear.

The 90152-300-010 Bolt A Engine Hanger is called for all models, 69-76.  Not aware of any physical appearance changes, the head is plain.  I'd suggest diligent watch of ebay, should be able to find the 90152-300-010 Bolt A Engine Hanger on ebay.  Cannot imagine this bolt would be difficult to find.

Sorry i cannot be of any help  :(

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks Steve. Mark may have a lead on the hanger bolt for me. The others, I'll keep looking.  :)
[size=

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I think we have located what I need. Thanks Steve and Mark.
[size=