Honda CB750 Sandcast

2 holer

Guest · 11 · 2487

Bickle

Any guesses on what this might go for?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320763134219&category=10066&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Do we know when it went from no relief to relief 2 holes?
Steve

Bickle

I have a question regarding your 88 points

84. Relief on upper case of airbox, 303-onwards

33. no relief on upper air box cover, 1-1553

Please advise.

Thanks

Steve

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Good observation.

Per KP's pics in "Tech/Resto Support," there's 3 types of boxes fitted to sandcasts:

1.  2-hole with no relief
2.  2-hole with small relief
3.  3-hole with large relief

Steve, your obs on #84. Relief on upper case of airbox, 303-onwards and #33. no relief on upper air box cover, 1-1553, reveals confusing information.  I must have failed to update either 84 or 33 or else i misunderstood, mis-stated or forgot something.  I can only imagine someone must have written a post or me an email saying they found no relief on 1553 or the like.  Hopefully, someone will write in to help clarify.

Thanks for bringing this to attention.

ps - actually, i believe 1553 is Mark B's bike, he should be able to clarify

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Fellas
The reason for the VIN number 303 onwards or for any reference to a VIN number followed by onwards is because that is the highest or lowest VIN number reported with that feature.
I have asked members to respond to me with information about their carbs, tanks, airboxes etc so we can try and pin down with some clarity as to when these changes were made.
For example, we know that an original airbox is fitted to VIN 302 without relief. As nobody has provided information on a later VIN bike with a "no-relief" airbox then anything after VIN 302 may or may not have an airbox without a relief. Basically we can say that at a certain VIN we know a no-relief airbox is fitted (actually I believe Wayne's bike has a no relief airbox so I'll amend that).
As for the 1 to 1553, this is poorly worded. What we have had reported is that VIN 1553 has a "relief" airbox so we can say that airboxes somewhere between VIN 1 to 1553 had no relief ........... but canna say Jimmy,  ;D where they stopped and started.
As I said, I've sent broadcast messages out to (all) members asking for information about airboxes, tanks and carbs. I get very few responses except from the usual group
Would be great if we could pin these changes down more accurately. KP  ;)
PS Good feedback guys and I'll amend the wording
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
KP
I do indeed have the original air box for 576. It is a 2 hole, no relief.  :)
[size=

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
In the 91 distinctions I have amended the wording to better reflect what we know KP  ;)
Yabba Dabba KP

Bickle

Yes...thanks KP

There may be another anomaly....

3. no hose guide at brake hose junction box, 1-3950

50. no guide lugs on junction for top brake hose (up to VIN 1927 identified)

Steve

Bickle

Yes...thanks KP

There may be another anomaly....

3. no hose guide at brake hose junction box, 1-3950

50. no guide lugs on junction for top brake hose (up to VIN 1927 identified)

Steve

Any thoughts on which is correct?

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
#3 Should read (better worded) "No hose guide metal plate for bottom hose at junction box 1 - to 3950."

#50 Should read (better worded) "No guide lugs cast on junction box for top brake hose (up to VIN 1927 identified)

I have edited thes in "Distinctions."