Honda CB750 Sandcast

#325 for sale on ebay

Bickle

Thanks for your support Steve......Not sure it will sell because of the unstamped motor....however, if you think about it, the motor has served the bike for more than 40 years and cannot really be considered inferior in my opinion......but we will see what the free market thinks.

kmb69

• View Profile
Steve, Do you know what the original engine number was? Keith

Bickle

No, sorry I do not. they forgot to stamp it while it was out of the engine  ( I believe) and stamped it after it was installed in the only place they could access (possibly after they disposed of the original engine)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I don't feel it's a matter of inferior.  It's a matter of not having the engine that came with the bike off the assembly line.  The unstamped sandcast cases are original period correct parts a dealer used very early in the bike's life to get the bike on the road again.  I can't remember seeing on ebay this low of a vin that is so clean with so many correct parts.  And complete.

Bickle

Perhaps...all a matter of opinion I guess. (I certainly feel it has provenance) I feel that I have represented the bike as accurately as I can and we will see what the market is....or if I prepare to winterize it for the Canadian cold.

Bickle

Has anyone ever shipped a bike internationally? with success? Any recommended carriers?

Thanks
Steve

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
For intenational shipping, I've used Bax Global and Freight Quote.  Both worked smoothly and well for me, shipping bikes overseas.  It's been a while, but seems you'll need to have the bike picked up at a place of business.  Once you make contact with the shipper of your choice, you should have an representative assigned to you shipment, they will walk you through the process.  Being the point of origination, I've always set up shipping arrangements for the purchaser.  Of course, the purchaser pays all shipping fees.

Looks like Bax Global is now DB Schenker.  Hopefully other members may have more recent info.

http://www.dbschenkerusa.com//

http://www.freightquote.com/

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve, If you're shipping to Australia pm or email me and I'll give you all the info you need to know to get it from your house to Oz Done it more than a dozen times  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

Bickle

FYI...not alot of action on it and I have reconsidered the sale of this bike on ebay in these times of global recession.....I will wait until times economies get better....or I get an interesting offer. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Steve

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I like guy that said: YOUR JOKING ON THE PRICE RITE! lol Your response was great Steve. Good luck when times get better. Figures I'm building at a time when it will be tough to get my $$ out of the project.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 01:03:44 pm by Wayne »
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
The last commentary......  Better pitied than censored.  

Steve, GREAT response.  

Hopefully, one of the auction watchers will contact you to make a deal.

magpie

• View Profile
Bickle, you said "or if I prepare to winterize it for the Canadian cold." The Canadian cold doesn't seem to hit Victoria so if you'd like to send it here I'll make sure it's ridden regularly and lovingly cared for. How can you refuse an offer like that? And it will have some older brotheres in the garage to keep it company.   ::)
Cliff.