Honda CB750 Sandcast

engine parts interchangability?

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Posted by Doug "Guest"

I have a '69 K0 750 engine that is missing some of the camshaft/valvetrain components from the head. Specifically, it is missing one of the camshaft holders, cam chain sprocket, rocker arms, and attaching hardware.

My question is this - what year engine parts will interchange with my K0? Can I find a parts bike locally and swap everything over?

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey Doug,
Thought someone should respond to your enquiry. I reckon any K0 to K6 towers and sprockets will fit straight up. Once the cover is in place who is going to ask. The K0, and I think K1 are pretty much all the same in any case. Sandcast stuff can always be the odd engine parts out but if you're stuck use what you can find
KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Posted by Marty "Guest"

Doug: For the most part all the top end valve train type parts are interchangeable on the cb750 single over head cam versions. There are differences in appearance due to updating of parts over the years 1969- 1978. If you have any particular questions you can email me. Enjoy Marty

736cc

• View Profile
The later (post-K0) cam towers have additional oil galleys for better lubrication of the cam. No problem interchanging.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Posted by Dough "Guest"

Thanks for the replys.
I bought a '74 head off of eBay and will use the parts from it to resurrect the '69.
Appreciate it, guys.
Doug